Sony vgn fz 290 motherboard

jammula_dinesh

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Hey,

I bought a sony vgn fz290 model laptop with integrated nvidia graphics card. I played a lot of games and got my video card corrupted. And the computer doesnt even turn on. Even if it turns on it doesnt display any thing on the screen. I tried to contact the sony guys to order for a new mother board but they say, in order to talk to the technical support i have to pay $ 40 because i am out of warranty.

I trying to get the info details of my mother board so that i can search for it online and i can fix it up my self.

Is there any one who can help me out with this ?

Please email me at jammula.d at gmail dot com

Thanks

macmanaman9

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
That's because SONY knows about the FZ Series Motherboards. I suffered the same problem some months ago and Sony replaced it. The Sony guy told about the motherboards in this model. He said they were all faultys and sooner or later, all the FZ goes to the Repai centre... glad you got luck your laptop.

Regards,
chris

G

How did you all get your motherboards replace? Sony told me I have to pay the money to get it fixed which I don't have!

G

It was bought for me the top model of Sony vaio in December 2007 from (www.sony.com) the USA [VGN-FZ290]. After 35 months of use (without any accident) the screen created very strange colour fainomena and after that stopped working. I can turn on the computer but the screen is like to be off. I cannot see anything (absolute black). I beleive the problem is in the graphics card or motherboard. The Sony service here in Greece which is located in the greek Capital Athens doesn't not accept to repair it because it is bought from outside Europe. It is unreasonable and ufair.
Consider that somebody who travels around the world and suddenly his laptop get fucked. It is unresonable if he cannot fix his laptop in the country where the laptop is damaged. It's rediculous.
my email: johnkoukoumidis@hotmail.com

G

Please, how you ever had any similar problem? If Yes, how you managed to solve this problem? Should I send an email to the Sony headquarters for tjavascript: validform(this);hat?

G

Please, how you ever had any similar problem? If Yes, how you managed to solve this problem? Should I send an email to the Sony headquarters for that?

mp5

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
hey i have a broken hp laptop. I took out the motherboard. Now the batteries dont respond . When I plug it in, the blue light next to the jack goes on but no other lights. I turn on the machine, but its dead. Nothing happens. Did i connect it wrong when i put it back together, or is the motherboard useless and i should get a new one?