Sign in with
Your question

Would a hp with a T9900 cpu support a install of leopard os?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 20, 2009 4:46:25 AM

is it possible to install leopard OS on a HP equiped with a intel T9900 CPU? im aware apple computers use intel technology so
a c 135 V Motherboard
a b α HP
a b à CPUs
September 20, 2009 7:39:59 AM

Yes u can install OS X LEOPARD on your laptop but u can't do it easily since OS X is for macs and for using them on a Windows powered PC,u have to use some hacks to install it.
It's not recommended to install OS X on a windows powered PC because even if u do it,it won't perform as well as it does on Macs also there will be some driver issues too
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
September 20, 2009 1:42:16 PM

If you want to run a Mac OS, why don't you just buy a Mac?
Oh, wait, I guess it is because they are hugely overpriced, highly overrated, and there are 10 times more programs and apps made for PC's than there are Macs. Sorry, what was your question? Something about running a Mac OS on a PC, why would you want to do that? So all those programs written for your PC won't work any more?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
September 20, 2009 1:54:32 PM

You can't just buy an OSX disk and install it, if that's what you're asking. It is possible to get it to work, with some effort, but IMHO, it's not worth the effort. Win7 is better anyways.
m
l
September 20, 2009 2:26:05 PM

your right pc's running win7 are better, i just thought it would be cool to have a pc and mac in 1 so i guess this leopard os disk is trash LOLL :)  by the way thanks for the replys they were useful
m
l
a c 156 V Motherboard
a c 172 à CPUs
a b å Intel
September 22, 2009 9:13:34 PM

Google "hackintosh".
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
September 22, 2009 10:07:00 PM

It is possible to run OSX on a normal Intel C2D/C2Q and later PCs quite easily (imo). I had it installed on my E2180 build for like a month before I got fed up with it.

m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b α HP
a c 159 à CPUs
a b å Intel
September 22, 2009 11:43:53 PM

Ubunto 9.04 also works well for just surfing the net, and some folks run it in a dual boot mode. It's free; don't know how it compares to windows for security.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
September 22, 2009 11:51:58 PM

^ :lol:  Linux > Windows when it comes to Security 90% of the time. I'm not a fan of Ubuntu but it's a good distro for starters. I prefer Fedora and Suse and sometimes Solaris.
m
l
!