How to fix this? Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered

Hello guys, I have a GeForce FX5200 Graphic Card

Total Available Graphics Memory: 383mb
Dedicated Video Memory: 128mb

Im running Windows Vista Ultimate with the latest Service Pack 1 installed.
I have the driver installed on the computer, but whenever i play games like sims 2, and etc.

Popup error shows up, "Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered"

This nvidia forceware driver wont install for me:
Quote:
ForceWare Release 100
Version: 100.65
Release Date: February 20, 2007
WHQL Driver

only the 96.85 forceware driver something will install

how do i fix it? please
6 answers Last reply
More about this display driver stopped responding recovered
  1. You can't. Looking on Nvidia's site, they no longer support that card. 96.85 is where driver support ends for the FX 5 series.

The driver may also be crashing. Did you turn down any settings? I've never played it, so I don't really know if it's that graphically demanding, but on the Sims 2 site, it says the more graphics memory the better, so IDK.
  2. Hmm i see. But is there any way to fix the error? Cause i dont want to downgrade on XP :P

I love vista. hehe.
  3. I had this problem with my old XPS Laptop which had 2x8800MGTX + VISTA HP on it and i couldnt fix it at all,i tried many drivers but they didnt help,a friend recommended me to install XP but i didnt (because i had sold it :D ) i recommend u to do test with XP and see if its fine or not
  4. its not because your card is "out of date" or because you need to install the drivers again i went throgh all that. i had spent 3 hours doing what everyone had said and noone was correct. all i did was shut off the computer pull the card out, reinstall it and rollback your driver if that didnt work and there you go. i know it seems silly but trust me it works.
  5. ur better off getting a new card.....its worth it....
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Displays