Multiple OS's, and problems removing them

Liam

I recently purchased a second 80 gig hard drive, and
installed windows XP on it. i then realised, to my
stpidity, that i now had two copies of windows xp on my
system. i then attempted to reformat the drive, but still
get the prompt upon startup to select which OS to start.
if i choose the one that WAS on the 80 gig, i get an
error message. I can still start the ORIGINAL
installation fine. I have since reinstalled the second
copy, and now both choices in the OS menu work. How can i
PERMANANTLY remove the second (and new) copy of windows
XP, without completely reformatting the system???

Hi

Have a look at the following article by MVP Michael Stevens to see if it
helps you:

"I have two installations of XP on the same partition, how do I remove the
one I don't need?"
http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#two

--

Will Denny