How to get rid of SLI

I have a computer with 2x GTX 285's in SLI and would like to remove the SLI so i can run one card per monitor. How do i do this?
10 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. did you try the manuel of the card?
  2. Mikey12 said:
    I have a computer with 2x GTX 285's in SLI and would like to remove the SLI so i can run one card per monitor. How do i do this?

Right click on your screen, pick NVidia Control Panel, choose the "Set SLI Configuration" tab and disable SLI.
  3. thank you!
  4. Crashman said:
    Right click on your screen, pick NVidia Control Panel, choose the "Set SLI Configuration" tab and disable SLI.

Holy ballz, 1970?
  5. O, I see. Thxs.

I thought it meant he was some sort of Tomshardware moderator/admin who could change the dates to whatever he wanted... lol
  6. I thought SLI had dual monitor support now of days
  7. It does have dual monitor support, but the best way to get rid of SLI is to write an expose revealing that 2 cards does not equal twice the performance. You could be the next Woodward or Bernstein.
  8. scooterlibby said:
    It does have dual monitor support, but the best way to get rid of SLI is to write an expose revealing that 2 cards does not equal twice the performance. You could be the next Woodward or Bernstein.

Most people already know that cf and sli are usually not twice the performance. And yes sli and crossfire does have dual monitor supprot.
  9. Yes chef. That fact, coupled with the Woodward and Bernstein reference, may indicate I wasn't 100% serious there.
  10. Its all good. Just giving you crap. I was pretty amused with the post
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Computer Graphics