Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

TS2 simpe . Photo Studio

Tags:
  • Photo
  • Studio
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 12:14:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I am getting automatically changing pictures on my walls.
From distance they are changed but close up they revert to the base picture.

A nice blending effect, but uneeded.
Any ideas?

Granny.

More about : ts2 simpe photo studio

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 5:52:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Did you make them yourself? Did you update all sizes?
I don't really work with the photo studio myself, I just recolor the
pictures thru object workshop.

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:toj1e.5949$Ab.5156@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> I am getting automatically changing pictures on my walls.
> From distance they are changed but close up they revert to the base
picture.
>
> A nice blending effect, but uneeded.
> Any ideas?
>
> Granny.
>
>
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 3:37:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:p vmdnS1Y-sjTxdvfRVn-2w@comcast.com...
> Did you make them yourself?

Of course...

>Did you update all sizes?

Yus. The smaller sizes show up okay. Just the largest reverts.

> I don't really work with the photo studio myself, I just recolor the
> pictures thru object workshop.

I will try that instead. I have a batch of fluffy animals suitable for a
nursery. I want to get them over and done with.


Granny.
>
>
>> I am getting automatically changing pictures on my walls.
>> From distance they are changed but close up they revert to the base
> picture.
>>
>> A nice blending effect, but uneeded.
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Granny.
>>
>>
>
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 9:01:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:p vmdnS1Y-sjTxdvfRVn-2w@comcast.com...
> Did you make them yourself? Did you update all sizes?
> I don't really work with the photo studio myself, I just recolor the
> pictures thru object workshop.

I used Object W. to alter and now they aren't showing up at all 8((
In the catalogue as a new colour but the same old picture.
Sofas recolour. Doors recolour, everything else recolours. Why doesn't it
like my pictures?

Granny.
>
> "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message
> news:toj1e.5949$Ab.5156@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>> I am getting automatically changing pictures on my walls.
>> From distance they are changed but close up they revert to the base
> picture.
>>
>> A nice blending effect, but uneeded.
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Granny.
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 2:54:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Which painting did you use?
Did it have a separate pic and frame choice?
Do you have the latest simpe? Latest version is 0.33.

You know if you had msn messenger I could help more :) 

Just in case, my messenger signin is msn@bluegenie2.com that is not a valid
email address tho :) 


"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1GB1e.6489$Ab.1798@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> news:p vmdnS1Y-sjTxdvfRVn-2w@comcast.com...
> > Did you make them yourself? Did you update all sizes?
> > I don't really work with the photo studio myself, I just recolor the
> > pictures thru object workshop.
>
> I used Object W. to alter and now they aren't showing up at all 8((
> In the catalogue as a new colour but the same old picture.
> Sofas recolour. Doors recolour, everything else recolours. Why doesn't it
> like my pictures?
>
> Granny.
> >
> > "Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> > message
> > news:toj1e.5949$Ab.5156@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> >> I am getting automatically changing pictures on my walls.
> >> From distance they are changed but close up they revert to the base
> > picture.
> >>
> >> A nice blending effect, but uneeded.
> >> Any ideas?
> >>
> >> Granny.
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 12:42:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:IOadnX4kpeRp4trfRVn-2Q@comcast.com...
> Which painting did you use?
> Did it have a separate pic and frame choice?
> Do you have the latest simpe? Latest version is 0.33.

The Sim City one.. and others. Errr.. I can't remember now. I tried a few.

Updated SimPe yesterday when my hair started standing on end again.
I have also posted in their forum.

One thing I noticed. If I save the new painting at the high resolution, then
it works. Great. Wonderful. 8(
But I don't need fluffy kittens on the wall THAT much.

I also fiddled my way round the problem a couple of times with frameless
paintings by importing over only the largest size once the others were done,
but that is no answer because framed painting don;t work like that.
I will have another try this morning, and keep notes.
>
> You know if you had msn messenger I could help more :) 

Grrrrrrrr.
>
> Just in case, my messenger signin is msn@bluegenie2.com that is not a
> valid
> email address tho :) 
>
But where are you? I mean, what time zone? Not that I am about to let
messenger loose on my computer again. Ho no.

Granny.
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 7:03:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Eastern Time Zone here, but up late most nights and asleep most mornings :) 
And it's not the messenger that comes with windows :) 
You get it here
http://messenger.msn.com/Beta/Default.aspx

Also, have you gotten the nvidia dds tools?
You can use those to make the pics look even better.
I really don't know how to 'use' them, but I got them and pointed simpe to
them and it uses them :) 
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.htm...

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:srP1e.6865$Ab.2478@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> news:IOadnX4kpeRp4trfRVn-2Q@comcast.com...
> > Which painting did you use?
> > Did it have a separate pic and frame choice?
> > Do you have the latest simpe? Latest version is 0.33.
>
> The Sim City one.. and others. Errr.. I can't remember now. I tried a
few.
>
> Updated SimPe yesterday when my hair started standing on end again.
> I have also posted in their forum.
>
> One thing I noticed. If I save the new painting at the high resolution,
then
> it works. Great. Wonderful. 8(
> But I don't need fluffy kittens on the wall THAT much.
>
> I also fiddled my way round the problem a couple of times with frameless
> paintings by importing over only the largest size once the others were
done,
> but that is no answer because framed painting don;t work like that.
> I will have another try this morning, and keep notes.
> >
> > You know if you had msn messenger I could help more :) 
>
> Grrrrrrrr.
> >
> > Just in case, my messenger signin is msn@bluegenie2.com that is not a
> > valid
> > email address tho :) 
> >
> But where are you? I mean, what time zone? Not that I am about to let
> messenger loose on my computer again. Ho no.
>
> Granny.
>
>
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 1:52:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:SaydnWhDIpiQ_tXfRVn-2w@comcast.com...
> Eastern Time Zone here, but up late most nights and asleep most mornings
> :) 
> And it's not the messenger that comes with windows :) 
> You get it here
> http://messenger.msn.com/Beta/Default.aspx

<dark look> It's still ms.
>
> Also, have you gotten the nvidia dds tools?

Uh? I had an Nvidea graphics board before I changed to my current ATI board
and the Nvid drivers entwined their tentacles so lovingly throughout my
system I had to reformat to get rid of them.
I do not have that option.

> You can use those to make the pics look even better.

I dare say. But if 'making them better' means bigger in memory usage then I
am not interested. I 'm not making any more pictures at all if I have to use
the high RAW format to save.
600K is too much to hang on a wall. The only other thing I recoloured that
reaches that amount is the wooden hot tub.

I have given up on pictures for the time being.
The new Simpe recolour catalogue is a blessing though. 8))))

Granny.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 1:52:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Oh well, I just know that the dds tools have caused me no problems and my
stuff looks better with them. I don't have to do update all sizes cause it
does that when I select 'build DXT' from the list.

I wanted to help, but guess not.

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:50%1e.7392$Ab.1839@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> news:SaydnWhDIpiQ_tXfRVn-2w@comcast.com...
> > Eastern Time Zone here, but up late most nights and asleep most mornings
> > :) 
> > And it's not the messenger that comes with windows :) 
> > You get it here
> > http://messenger.msn.com/Beta/Default.aspx
>
> <dark look> It's still ms.
> >
> > Also, have you gotten the nvidia dds tools?
>
> Uh? I had an Nvidea graphics board before I changed to my current ATI
board
> and the Nvid drivers entwined their tentacles so lovingly throughout my
> system I had to reformat to get rid of them.
> I do not have that option.
>
> > You can use those to make the pics look even better.
>
> I dare say. But if 'making them better' means bigger in memory usage then
I
> am not interested. I 'm not making any more pictures at all if I have to
use
> the high RAW format to save.
> 600K is too much to hang on a wall. The only other thing I recoloured that
> reaches that amount is the wooden hot tub.
>
> I have given up on pictures for the time being.
> The new Simpe recolour catalogue is a blessing though. 8))))
>
> Granny.
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 1:57:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> news:SaydnWhDIpiQ_tXfRVn-2w@comcast.com...
>
>>Eastern Time Zone here, but up late most nights and asleep most mornings
>>:) 
>>And it's not the messenger that comes with windows :) 
>>You get it here
>>http://messenger.msn.com/Beta/Default.aspx
>
>
> <dark look> It's still ms.

I like Trillian. http://www.trillian.cc/ Lets you talk to folks on AIM,
MSN, Yahoo, ICQ and IRC. And you pick which ones are active. I leave on
the AIM And Yahoo im all the time.

I don't like MS either. Neither does my semi-adopted son. He wishes
they'd find a cure for it soon.

-georg
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 1:57:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:X4%1e.123355$H05.69158@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> > news:SaydnWhDIpiQ_tXfRVn-2w@comcast.com...
> >
> >>Eastern Time Zone here, but up late most nights and asleep most mornings
> >>:) 
> >>And it's not the messenger that comes with windows :) 
> >>You get it here
> >>http://messenger.msn.com/Beta/Default.aspx
> >
> >
> > <dark look> It's still ms.
>
> I like Trillian. http://www.trillian.cc/ Lets you talk to folks on AIM,
> MSN, Yahoo, ICQ and IRC. And you pick which ones are active. I leave on
> the AIM And Yahoo im all the time.
>
> I don't like MS either. Neither does my semi-adopted son. He wishes
> they'd find a cure for it soon.
>
> -georg

I used to use trillian, but you can't 'nudge' someone with trillian, lol.
Somehow trillian just would not work as well on my xp as it did on my 98se,
so I switched. Plus, I really am not much of a chatter, so having one IM is
all I need. I used to use ICQ once upon a time before it became a resource
hog. AIM, well that is AOL, nuff said, lol. Yahoo..........no thanks. MSN
beta 7 works just fine for me, unfortunately it is burdened with it's past
:(  and many cannot see past that.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 2:00:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:7s2dnZ-XkoivE9XfRVn-uQ@comcast.com...
> Oh well, I just know that the dds tools have caused me no problems and my
> stuff looks better with them. I don't have to do update all sizes cause
> it
> does that when I select 'build DXT' from the list.
>
> I wanted to help, but guess not.
>
>
The fact that someone believed me helped, honest! 8(

And guess what happened? I posted in the SimPe forum. I got a reply from
Deedee. Also baffled. Please tell 'exactly' what you are doing.
Hokey-dockey. I will do a test run again and...

ALL sizes updated perfectly, RAW and compressed and appeared on a Sim wall
without blending or glitching. I do not believe it.
It is the old 'Laying on of hands' cure again, when taking the lid off a
computer and warning it was enough to fix a intermittent fault. If in dire
strates, then waving a screwdriver at the case and 'see this? I will use it
if you don;t behave,' usually did the trick - or a good shaking.

Granny - tutting, loudly. Computers, don;t you love 'em?
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 2:00:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:qH92e.7564$Ab.3714@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> news:7s2dnZ-XkoivE9XfRVn-uQ@comcast.com...
> > Oh well, I just know that the dds tools have caused me no problems and
my
> > stuff looks better with them. I don't have to do update all sizes cause
> > it
> > does that when I select 'build DXT' from the list.
> >
> > I wanted to help, but guess not.
> >
> >
> The fact that someone believed me helped, honest! 8(
>
> And guess what happened? I posted in the SimPe forum. I got a reply from
> Deedee. Also baffled. Please tell 'exactly' what you are doing.
> Hokey-dockey. I will do a test run again and...
>
> ALL sizes updated perfectly, RAW and compressed and appeared on a Sim wall
> without blending or glitching. I do not believe it.
> It is the old 'Laying on of hands' cure again, when taking the lid off a
> computer and warning it was enough to fix a intermittent fault. If in dire
> strates, then waving a screwdriver at the case and 'see this? I will use
it
> if you don;t behave,' usually did the trick - or a good shaking.
>
> Granny - tutting, loudly. Computers, don;t you love 'em?

Cool beans!
But just wanted to let you know that those dds tools are not drivers for a
video card. They are compression tools, very good compression with high
quality.
Check out DeeDee's tutorial on photo studio. You can find a link to it at
the simpe site under FAQ.

>
>
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 5:37:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:laWdnQ3v6Jjhs9TfRVn-pQ@comcast.com...
>

>>
>> Granny - tutting, loudly. Computers, don;t you love 'em?
>
> Cool beans!
> But just wanted to let you know that those dds tools are not drivers for a
> video card. They are compression tools, very good compression with high
> quality.

Oh! I shall check it out... If I can find them.

> Check out DeeDee's tutorial on photo studio. You can find a link to it at
> the simpe site under FAQ.
>
And it STILL isn;t working!!! the reason everything went well this morning
was because.. was because? Tut! I chose a template without a frame.

Still only get full size packaged files only with RAW, or in a non-framed
picture.
Baw!

Granny.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 8:53:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

> But just wanted to let you know that those dds tools are not drivers for a
> video card. They are compression tools, very good compression with high
> quality.

YES!!! YES!! I have a fluffy kitten!!!!
All sizes, and Small Memory.

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

Granny, grovelling on the floor.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 6:55:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I am sooooooo happy you got it to work finally :) 
See...........told ya the dds tools were good.

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:HKf2e.7846$Ab.6249@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> > But just wanted to let you know that those dds tools are not drivers for
a
> > video card. They are compression tools, very good compression with high
> > quality.
>
> YES!!! YES!! I have a fluffy kitten!!!!
> All sizes, and Small Memory.
>
> Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!
>
> Granny, grovelling on the floor.
>
>
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 2:30:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
news:wMmdnaxcS9AYxtffRVn-2g@comcast.com...
>I am sooooooo happy you got it to work finally :) 
> See...........told ya the dds tools were good.

I just presumed Nvidea meant it was allied to their graphics board. Must go
back and check what else they have on that page.
Sometimes driver pages have all sorts of useful info. The Wacom site has
some interesting tutorials.
>
Actually, after I did the fluffy kitten I decided it was too horrible to
live. I might keep it to place on the walls of people like Nervous.

Granny.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 2:52:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Don't go there Granny!

Best wishes
Maxon

"Granny Crabapple" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o dv2e.8348$Ab.3278@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>
> Actually, after I did the fluffy kitten I decided it was too horrible to
> live. I might keep it to place on the walls of people like Nervous.
>
> Granny.
>
>
!