Sign in with
Your question

Cyberpower PC experience

Last response: in Systems
April 4, 2009 3:01:45 PM

Well, after reading the many different reviews on the web, I am probably the most foolhardy and lucky consumer out there. I had been contemplating a new system for a while now. My last system was from Velocity Micro. I really liked the system, and the company, but was getting to the limit in upgrading. I priced out a new "dream" system with them, but it was beyond my budget.
So against all the negative reviews, I decided to try CyberpowerPC. here is what I ordered:

CyberPower Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro SE (NO MONITOR)

*BASE_PRICE: [+2029]
CAS: CoolerMaster Cosmos Silent Gaming Tower Case w/ 420 Watts Power Supply [+20] (Original Color)

CS_FAN: Default case fans
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-940 2.93 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
CD: Lite-On DH-401S 4X Blu-Ray Player
CD2: LG 20X Double Layer DVD+-RW Super Allwrite + Lightscribe Technology [+1] (Black Color)
CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution [+19]
CARE2: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chasis with High Perormance Thermal Compound [+19]
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer [+10] (BLACK COLOR)
FAN: CoolIT Domino A.L.C. Advanced Liquid Cooling System for CPUs with Intuitive & Easily Accessible User Controls & Display [+11]
HDD: Single Hard Drive (80 GB Intel X25-M 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (Nearly Instant Data Access Technology) [+491])
HDD2: 1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive [+108]
KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 250 USB Keyboard (Black Color)
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Asus P6T Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA,GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394a,&7.1Audio
MEMORY: 12GB (2GBx6) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module [+179] (Corsair)
NETWORK: Intel Pro Gigabite 10/100/1000 Network Card [+34]
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts Power Supplies (CyberPowerPC XF800S Performance ATX 2.0 Power - Quad SLI Ready)
RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 3 BUSINESS DAYS [+69]
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: Creative Labs X-FI XtremeGamer 24-BIT PCI Sound Card [+89]
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX295 X2 1.7GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)

Over/under on the price was $3k. I ordered over the weekend, and on Monday got a message when I got home that a part was on back order, and they probably couldn't make the deadline. When I called that evening to check (I am on the east coast) My salesperson was already gone, and the person who answered could not see what was causing the holdup. He hypothesized that it was the video card. I told them that I would try to call back tomorrow, but expressed the frustration that they while they were waiting, they might build everything else so that it was ready to go when the part came in, instead of just doing nothing.
I tried calling on Tuesday, and was told that it was in fact the video card. They could not give me a hard date, but hoped it would be in by Friday. They promised the minute the part came in they would be ready to go. I agreed to call them on Friday for an update.

Imagine my pleasant (though confused) surprise when I got a shipping notification on Wednesday evening! After a little arranging to have someone at the house on the Tuesday delivery date as it required a direct signature (though Cyberpower did offer to work with me on that if I faxed over a pic of my Drivers license and Credit card to prove I was requesting an alternative delivery) I spent the next few days driving myself crazy and making plans on how to protect myself if in fact I got a lemon.

So Tuesday arrived, and I got my system. Huge Box, well packed, all manuals included in my motherboard box. (Not the most professional presentation, but I am all for recycling, and it worked, so hey). Even a typed and taped note on the side of the case reminding me that I had asked for interior case packing and I had to remove it before starting the system up.

All unpacked, hooked up and ready to go, I fired it up. Everything seemed to work ok, except the sound and the network card. The sound card had to be seated properly, which was annoying but easily fixed. The Network card I will address when I have time, as I have the luxury of redundancy with the on board LAN.

But the system is everything I could have hoped for, and more. Quiet, fast, and letting me max out the settings on all my games with no problems. Cyberpower came through, despite all the concerns and comments I had read.

I hope that this means that they have been reading all the comments people have and been working on them, and my smoother experience is the result.

So for those considering Cyberpower, I might be a minority, but i am happy with the experience, and I would probably order from them again. I will wait to see how the system holds up over time, but for now I am very satisfied!

More about : cyberpower experience

September 22, 2009 6:22:27 PM

I've ordred two PCs from Cyberpower over the years -- nary a problem...
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
December 15, 2009 7:19:41 PM

Hey umm cyberpower do they send u the pc all hooked up and all the parts in the pc or do u need to build if with the parts plz help?
December 20, 2009 2:39:01 AM

All built. Had mine a month now am and very happy with the outcome. I did not find better pricing anywhere. BTW, they did a great job of bundling the cabling very neatly. Makes for better cooling and a better look. I've not dealt with support, that's the main complaint I've heard of, but hopefully won't need.
!