Hi all.

I built a new computer. The specs are:

500W Power Supply
2x2GB Corsair RAM
E5200 Dual Core
Radeon HD 4830
WD 320GB HD
DVD Burner

Here's the problem. I'm not exactly sure what the problem ism but I'm pretty sure it's my graphics card. When I start my computer, everything boots fine. Note that this is BEFORE I have installed the ATI drivers from the website. It's with the default display drivers. So I installed the ATI display drivers and it prompted me to restart. I restart. As it boots, my welcome screen is changed to the lowest resolution and then I get a BSOD. Though I don't understand it, here's what it says under the technical information:

STOP: 0x000000EA (0x85EEFD78,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

So I restart the computer and it asks if I want to boot normally or in safe mode or safe mode with command prompt, etc. I was able to go into safe mode and I uninstalled the display driver. I then restarted and I could boot in normally. What could the problem be!? Help!? :??:

What are you installing ? Is it the whole CCC suite ?
If so try downloading the card drivers only, listed as display drivers only i beleive.
I had an issue not so long back where the ccc just wouldnt run but the display driver on its own was fine. Any overclocking or quality tuning can be done using ATI Tray Tools(free download).

Mactronix

You could try these Omega Drivers http://www.omegadrivers.net/

They are based on the old 7.12 ATI drivers if you can beleive that we are on 9.4 now. They are good though. I ran them on my HD3850 only a couple of months ago for a Image Quality test we were doing.
Cant hurt to try them.

Mactronix

Also what OS are you using and is it upto date with teh latest >Net and SP's ?
Something else to try would be to test your Ram. Mem test is a free download which will test your Ram. If it finds a fault then try running 1 Stick at a time and test to see if its faulty or good. Or if you want you could just pull one and run the PC to see if the Error mesage comes up or not.

The resolution thing is standard i get it every time i update drivers.

Mactronix

shiblulh

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Thank you for the tips. The Omega Drivers are intersting but don't support Vista 32bit. I'll check out the RAM. Thanks.

shiblulh

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
The Ram test worked out fine. I have not updated windows from the internet because I have another problem - my Ethernet jack doesn't seem to work. It sends packets but does not receive any. It is Vista 32 bit with SP1.

shiblulh

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Ok. Thanks. I'll check out the driver. As for the internet, I have tried that and it didn't work. I have even tried downloading the latest drivers and it still didn't work...

shiblulh

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Ok. I got the internet fixed. :pt1cable: Found out that there's a problem with the one I have so I just used an old Ethernet card and it worked!

Its beginning to sound like your motherboard may be the issue. You could try pulling the Cmos battery. This will/should reset the board to factory defaults. Check your Manual to see how long it says to leave the battery out for.
I had an issue that sounds similar. My board started giving BSOD's and somehow i lost the Network port.
I RMA'ed my Board as it was new and they tested it and sent it back saying it didnt have a fault I put it back in and its been ok so far.

If you are not happy playing around with the battery just RMA the board if its OK they will charge a handling fee, its not that much and a hell of a lot cheaper than taking the PC to the shop.

Mactronix