Your question

How much can i expect to overclock with max CPU TDP 95watt

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Overclocking
  • CPUs
Last response: in Overclocking
December 18, 2010 6:58:42 PM

Hey I just got a BIOSTAR A770E with a Phenom X3 8450e. I originally got the cpu and this other mobo combo for $50.(black friday deal). I sold that mobo for 43 and got this one open box for 44. I didn't think the 95 max watt would be a problem cause cpu is only 65 and to me seems like alot of head room to oc. After using the program to calc how many watts i notice the cpu watts increase alot when oc. my question is, how much you think i can oc this cpu with this mobo? I got ddr2 1066 and a aftermarket heatsink. Should I sell this motherboard lol? Also if I get a cpu thats 95watts would the mean i cant oc it at all?
thxs

edit after reading about TDP it seems like that's not the max power the cpu can take , but the max power of heat it generates , so if I have a good heat sink i should be able to go past the 95 watts?

More about : expect overclock max cpu tdp 95watt

December 21, 2010 1:56:30 PM

No one knows what happens if you go past the 95 watt limit lol?
m
l
December 21, 2010 7:23:17 PM

ok thanks for the info, man I should of spent the extra $7 to get the TA785GE. I thought only diff was that the ta had a integrated video card, o well
m
l
December 21, 2010 7:39:22 PM

lol well i guess ill stick with what I have for now , waited 3 weeks to get everything and don't feel like waiting more.
m
l
!