What pwr supply for gaming pc?

I'm building a fairly high-end gaming rig.(still a lot of research left to do, so details on specific parts are sketchy. Sorry.) I'm wondering what power supply to go with. Not what size, but what brand. I heard good things about the Corsair power supplies, but that's all I know. Any suggestions? I will probably be using on of the faster i7s(maybe a little overclocking), with a x58 mobo, at least 1 high-end graphics card, 1-3 hard drives...pretty standard high-end setup.
-Thnx! :D
2 answers Last reply
More about what supply gaming
  1. I like the Corsairs. Very conservative design. One of the tech sites tested a 750TX. It shutdown nondestructively at 900 watts. That report is the main reason I bought one.
  2. Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, and Enermax are among the best units. Personally I prefer Antec. Read competent, technical reviews of PSUs (i.e. the ones that include load testing, waveform analysis, etc) at sites like www.jonnyguru.com, www.hardocp.com, www.hardwaresecrets.com, and www.xbitlabs.com.
    When it comes time for sizing, there's a good caculator at http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Gaming Components