Upgrading Celeron 2.0Ghz.to 2.4Ghz.

I have a Toshiba A15-S127,I want to upgrade the CPU from 2.0Ghz. to 2.4Ghz.The processor i have is a Intel Celeron 2.0Ghz,256 L2 cache,400Mhz.,Socket 478.The one i want to replace it with is a Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz,256 L2 cache,400Mhz.,Socket 478.Is there anything else i need to do other than change them out?
8 answers Last reply
More about upgrading celeron 0ghz 4ghz
  1. 400 mhz won't give u any difference in performance. You need something like a 2.6+
  2. Will any socket 478 CPU work?And if i go ahead with the 2.4 will i have to flash the bios?Thank you for your reply.
  3. Well, the CPU has to be a mobile cpu, and it cannot be the "celeron M" type. You need a square die CPU without any integrated heatspreader.
  4. Can you even chage the cpu in that laptop? Is it not laser soldered in?
  5. shabaa said:
    Can you even chage the cpu in that laptop? Is it not laser soldered in?

Should be socketed. Only the ULV chips were BGA and therefore soldered in.
  6. Don't replace celeron with a celeron, get a P4 if you can't upgrade to a dual core
  7. Upendra09 said:
    400 mhz won't give u any difference in performance. You need something like a 2.6+

i dont know where you grew up from but 400 mghz makes a huge difference. have you ever tried playing wc3 on a 400 mghz vs. 800 mghz computer? :lol: :lol:
  8. Upendra09 said:
    Don't replace celeron with a celeron, get a P4 if you can't upgrade to a dual core

I agree, you wont be able to tell the difference with a 400Mhz celeron increase. And even if you could upgrade to a faster chip the price/performance gain is not worth it.

Looks like you need a new laptop/netbook.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Celeron Cache Intel Socket