MCP6P M2+ motherboard reading voltages wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbyrd84

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
I was wondering if my motherboard is actually reading the voltages correctly or if it is reading then totally wrong (I'm guessing totally wrong). Here are the values:
CPU VCORE= 1.20v
VIN1= 1.20v
3.3V= 3.26v
5v= 4.97v
12v= 0.00v
-12v= -7.23
-5v= -4,74v
5v VCCH= 4.81v
VBAT= 3.22v
Vcore1= 1.22v
Vcore2= 1.20v

voltages.png

I have the same motherboard, and don't use the cpuid hardware monitoring program. I don't trust some software and you really don't need to use it. Just use a good quality power supply that will shut down in the event of an overload. The small cpuid program is all I use, and it id's this motherboard wrong (N61pb=n2s).

blackbyrd84

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
ok, thanks a lot. Its wierd though because I was using this same motherboard on windows xp and hwmonitor and speedfan read the voltages correctly. Must just be windows 7 or something. Thanks for the help.

blackbyrd84

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Also, i forgot to mention that my motherboard's "PC Health" section in the bios is even reading the voltages wrong, and it never used to, o well, as long as it boots and runs stable :p

Pointertovoid

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
All these software pieces that display voltages rely on a measuring chip on the mobo, and this chip is inaccurate - in fact, its imprecision is worse than Intel's tolerance on supply voltages...

So if you want a serious measure, take a voltmeter.

On top of that, displaying software must know the conversion conventions used by measuring chips (and even the resistive voltage dividers on the mobo!) as their output is some number not directly related to volts. So if the software ignores your chip, the reading is usually wrong.

To know the name of the measuring chip, the only secure way is to look at the mobo, read (with a magnifier) the references of candidates, and compare on websites. Relying on Everest and similar ones is insecure.

As for the -12V, I believe it isn't used any more, so supplies don't care nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS