in need of abduction

I never get any abduction, no matter how much time my Sims spend gazing at
the stars. Does a particular option need to be turned on? Is it a known bug,
or just bad luck?

Thanks

Arnaud.
13 answers Last reply
More about abduction

    "Arnaud" <arnaud.g@NOSPAMnoos.fr> wrote in message
    > I never get any abduction, no matter how much time my Sims spend gazing at
    > the stars. Does a particular option need to be turned on? Is it a known
    bug,
    > or just bad luck?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Arnaud.

    In addition to the advice given, unless you're using an abduction cheat, you
    have to be playing men in Strangetown. That's the only neighborhood they get
    abducted in.

    Kelly

    Arnaud wrote:
    > I never get any abduction, no matter how much time my Sims spend gazing at
    > the stars. Does a particular option need to be turned on? Is it a known bug,
    > or just bad luck?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Arnaud.

    It takes an average of 2 weeks of constant staring. They need to be full
    logic skill (or it just took that long!) and have the expensive
    microscope. Kidnappings happened between 11 and 2 am. They'll be gone 4
    hours.

    I turned aging off so I could have time to wait. Keep waiting.

    -georg
    4 daddies, 6 alien babies, no twins.

    Am Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:53:36 +0200 schrieb Arnaud:

    > I never get any abduction, no matter how much time my Sims spend gazing at
    > the stars. Does a particular option need to be turned on? Is it a known bug,
    > or just bad luck?

    I had the same problem. I then forced an abduction.
    Press CTRL-Shift-C, type in boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true, then
    shift-click on the telescope and choose who you want to get abducted.
    Remember to turn the cheat off: boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false.

    If you get any weird messages popping up during this telling you about an
    error, always (!) choose "reset". That way no error will happen.

    The boolprop cheat can really screw up your game, I only turn it on when
    absolutely necessary (like finally getting an alien baby after I don't know
    how many weeks of playing Sims2.

    Dorte

    georg wrote:

    > It takes an average of 2 weeks of constant staring. They
    > need to be full logic skill (or it just took that long!)
    > and have the expensive microscope. Kidnappings happened
    > between 11 and 2 am. They'll be gone 4 hours.

    Have all your family members fed and otherwise taken care for.
    Have the potential abductee's bars all full in the green. Let
    abductee stargaze. Save. Fast forward. If no abduction, leave to
    neighbourhood without saving. Repeat until abducted.

    T.

    Oh no it isn't - it's just less common in other neighbourhoods.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > Oh no it isn't - it's just less common in other neighbourhoods.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    My apologies...I've never had it happen anywhere but Strangetown. I must not
    be playing enough.:o) You know, I've been looking for a reason to quit my
    job...

    Kelly

    Kelly Cobb wrote:

    > In addition to the advice given, unless you're using an abduction cheat, you
    > have to be playing men in Strangetown. That's the only neighborhood they get
    > abducted in.
    >
    > Kelly

    I made my own neighborhood. Works fine.

    -georg

    Tee hee - there you are then. Are you saying I play a lot?

    > Tee hee - there you are then. Are you saying I play a lot?
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    Nah...you've just been lucky. I have had two sets of twins, though, so I
    don't feel so bad.

    Kelly

    Thanks to all who offered their advice. This is a really friendly newsgroup
    :)

    Arnaud.

    "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    uQB1e.120973$H05.24172@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
    > Kelly Cobb wrote:
    >

    >> In addition to the advice given, unless you're using an abduction cheat,
    >> you
    >> have to be playing men in Strangetown. That's the only neighborhood they
    >> get
    >> abducted in.
    >>
    >> Kelly
    >>

    > I made my own neighborhood. Works fine.
    >
    > -georg

    "Arnaud" <arnaud.g@NOSPAMnoos.fr> wrote in message
    >I never get any abduction, no matter how much time my Sims spend gazing at
    >the stars. Does a particular option need to be turned on? Is it a known
    >bug, or just bad luck?

    One thing I haven't seen mentioned but does seem to affect whether my sims
    get abducted is to hit the Tab key when you want to have your sim use the
    telescope, which turns on mouselook, then scan the skies to see if you can
    see an alien ship floating around up there. When I've seen that, the sim's
    been abducted. When there wasn't one there (and they're very uncommon), the
    sim wasn't abducted.

    I have had it happen outside Strangetown.

    Hi

    I found its usually knowledge sims who get abducted, Benjamin Long usually
    does, you dont need all the logic points, but you need the expensive
    telescope..

    Julia

    "Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Arnaud" <arnaud.g@NOSPAMnoos.fr> wrote in message
    >>I never get any abduction, no matter how much time my Sims spend gazing at
    >>the stars. Does a particular option need to be turned on? Is it a known
    >>bug, or just bad luck?
    >>

    > One thing I haven't seen mentioned but does seem to affect whether my sims
    > get abducted is to hit the Tab key when you want to have your sim use the
    > telescope, which turns on mouselook,

    Oh, I like that term! 8)
    Mouselook. Yes.
    Especially as you can get right down to floorboard level.

    Granny.

Sims Games Bug Video Games