Unknown Application Running at Startup

Need Help

I have Norton Antivirus 2004 to protect my system, and check system every month with msconfig to see if any program is running in the background without my knowledge.
This time I check, There is a unknown program running in the background with no name (blank) under the [startup item] column and with no command path (blank) under the command column.

During the earlier check with msconfig, the program wasn't there.
I scan my computer with Antivirus and it came up with nothing.

How do I delete the program??????
Or find out what the program is????

Help Help!!!!!

Thank you
3 answers Last reply
More about unknown application running startup

    Download, install and run Ad Aware:
    www.lavasoftusa.com

    If that doesn't find any malware, hit ctrl-alt-delete, first, look at the
    programs tab and see if it is listed as a running app, if you don't see it,
    check the processes tab and see if you can see anything running either
    without a designation or some unfamiliar designation. NOTE: it is not
    unusual to see several instances of svchost.exe. You should also see,
    System Idle Process running in the high 90s, this is also normal.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Philip" <lips1028@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Need Help
    >
    > I have Norton Antivirus 2004 to protect my system, and check system every
    > month with msconfig to see if any program is running in the background
    > without my knowledge.
    > This time I check, There is a unknown program running in the background
    > with no name (blank) under the [startup item] column and with no command
    > path (blank) under the command column.
    >
    > During the earlier check with msconfig, the program wasn't there.
    > I scan my computer with Antivirus and it came up with nothing.
    >
    > How do I delete the program??????
    > Or find out what the program is????
    >
    > Help Help!!!!!
    >
    > Thank you

    Thank you Michael
    The program was solved following you advices

    Best Wishes.
    Philip

    You're welcome, Philip.

    --

    "Philip" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thank you Michael
    > The program was solved following you advices
    >
    > Best Wishes.
    > Philip

Configuration Command Prompt Windows XP