Dell studio 540 spdif on wht pins

wattz3

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
hi i have a dell studio 540 that has a M017G motherboard(which i have been told is a shrinked down asus 1) i have recently added a nvidea 9500gt my problem is i want to connect my spdif cable from my graphics card to the mobo i have located the spdif pins on the board but there is 5 in total ,a row of 3 with a row of 2 nxt to them i have been on the dell website but there manuals are incomplete they dont show no info on the spdif apart from saying that the mobo has it i have also called dell support an after a 45 min phone call ive deceided they r as much use as a chocalate teapot is there anybody that can help plz

wattz3

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
its nps now i finally sussed it out with a bit of trial an error , for any1 else that has the same problem on this dell model ........look at the spdif pins from bottom of case upwards.On the left is the 2 pin row and next to it on the right is the 3 pin row ,place the ground cable on the top pin on the 3pin row an the spdif directly below the ground cable for ur sound to work via ur hdmi cable ;)