3dmark05 crashing

Setting up my old computer for a friend, and for some reason when I try and run 3dmark05 it gets about half way through the first test (fire fight) then crashes. I get the error "direct3ddevice9 present failed driver internal error". Need to re-boot after this because the display becomes unreadable, and screecheing type noise comes out of my speakers. I used to run 3dmark05 fine with this machine fine, not sure what happened.

I have the latest version of direct x installed, and the latest version of CCC from ATI's website. Any ideas?

Specs:
Athlon 64 3200+
ATI AIW X800XT
500w Antec NEO HE
1.5 gigs Mushkin DDR-400
DFI LanpartyUT nf3 250gb MB
3 answers Last reply
More about 3dmark05 crashing
  1. The latest driver from ATI does not support your card, assuming you are running 9.4 that is.

Mactronix
  2. Sorry for the lack of response, was on vacation. I unfortunetly no longer have the driver CD's that came with the card. How can I find out the last version of CCC that supported this card?
  3. Here is a link to older Drivers
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx

Any driver lower numerically will support your Card so anything on that page should be fine.

Mactronix
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics