Anyone use Red LED Fans?

philipV

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I plan on getting the Antec Three Hundred case, and I don't want to go with blue, I want red. Can someone post a picture of there computer with red LED fans on in the dark? I Also if you got them from newegg can you link them to this thread? Thanks!

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008

I have the Thermaltake Red 120mm case fans for my Antec 900, I honestly don't suggest them, they don't look quite red, most will never look quite as red as you'd like and they are very very loud. 79CFM has a price to pay, and it's a loud one. As for other ones I'm not sure, but I don't really suggest them.

philipV

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Uhm.. because they wouldn't be turned on in daylight? Really why I'm asking is kinda obvious, a lot of people say the color is pink or orange - I want to know what red fans look like in the dark.

Axeon

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Personally my friend has a Antec case and it looks horrible with red LEDs. The case was meant for blues so i think i would stay with the blues. Also the noise is tremendously loud. If anyone wants a antec case without the LEDs and wants it qiuet, go with Scythe Qiuet fans. The're amazingly quiet.

philipV

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Oh well that kinda sucks, I just saw this Coolermaster case with the red led front fans and it looks pretty cool - well if anyone still wants to post a picture, feel free.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I wasn't impressed, and at first I didn't think I'd care about noise, but it really is a killer when it practically whines all day... I do find them to be slightly orange anyway, and I have to block them because they cast shadows everywhere in the room and keep me up at night XD

DSC00959.jpg

oricblack

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Tell you the truth, I was big fan on the stock fans that come with the 900 case (AKA, the tri-cool line) anyway, i was like you and wanted red instead of blue, found these, loaded them up, and all i can say is wow. They are the reddest of the red i've seen in cases, plus they move a ton of air, here a link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209013

they also come in blue and green i think, along with 80mm