Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Intel GMA Overclocker

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 27, 2009 1:29:12 PM

I've found a tool for GMA overclocking (!), called GMA Booster. Couldn't believe my eyes, since neither RivaTuner, nor PowerStrip cannot overclock Intel chips. Anyone tried it already? (Seems like it is technically free, but needs to be reinstalled or redownloaded once in week)

More about : intel gma overclocker

a b U Graphics card
April 27, 2009 3:48:14 PM

What possible benefit would there be in overclocking a GMA? You could quadruple the speed and still only be able to watch DVDs...
a c 358 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
a c 115 å Intel
April 27, 2009 3:54:35 PM

It's probably not worth it since the impact would most likely be small. Also, if you are talking about a laptop, then I would not recommend doing so since OC'ing increases heat.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 27, 2009 4:05:12 PM

I'm sure at some level this is all one big joke.. It has to be..
April 27, 2009 6:13:49 PM

Seems legit. According to gmabooster.com, the tool clocks mobile GMA version back to a speed desktop version. E.g. near all netbooks have GMA950 running at just 166MHz while desktop version is 400MHz. Googled a bit and found some 3DMark results with and without the 'booster':

The above is for an Atom based baby lappie :) 
Closer to weekend I'll have a chance to do some benchmark on MSi Wind netbook. We'll see :sol: 
Will there be an improvement from 'f***ing crappy' to 'just crappy'? We'll see :p 
a b U Graphics card
April 27, 2009 6:22:16 PM

Well the netbook's have underclocked GMA's to save battery life... If one wants to overclock a netbook, one should never have bought a netbook... lol

But I cant wait to get my GMA overclocked so I get 2fps in a game isntead of 1!!!
April 30, 2009 10:00:13 AM

Well, I've taken my mate's netbook with GMA950 and did my own tests today. I can confirm that GMA Booster program really works. Not a joke, it DOUBLES the pixel shader and fillrate perfomance. Stability seems to be not affected at all. Still, I doubt that netbook overclocking is in general an adequate concept... daedalus685: and yeah, I confirm that you can expect a deluxe 2 fps instead of poor 1 fps from your netbook now :)  :) 
April 30, 2009 10:07:00 AM

Here are the screenshots:

Default setting:

Max. perfomance setting:

April 30, 2009 10:41:13 AM

That's like overclocking your grannies bicycle-with-engine. If you want something fast, don't start with the slowest in the first place. ;P

Intel graphics is only good for 2D; its basically crap for anything else. And that won't change too soon.
May 2, 2009 3:20:42 AM

Well, as a happy owner of a modified Sony UX (core2DUO@1450mhz (1.33ghz overclocked...) instead of coreSOLO@1200 & 120gbhdd instead of 40gb (<>1lbs :)  ), I can say that it's VERY interesting to have the possibility to overclock this kind of stuff...(or add cores)

When idling there is almost no drain on the battery (same battery life), until you need it (games...). So it just gives you the possibility to use effectively more applications. Or to have your tasks being down faster.
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 31, 2010 10:26:24 AM

daedalus685 said:
Well the netbook's have underclocked GMA's to save battery life... If one wants to overclock a netbook, one should never have bought a netbook... lol

But I cant wait to get my GMA overclocked so I get 2fps in a game isntead of 1!!!

^
:sol: 

i like your last statement...
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 22, 2010 10:40:22 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!