Ideas for fps??

matty6

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Ok so basically I just have a couple questions if anyone can help me! :).. I just bought a new rig off a website and had it sent to me .. im really into heavy gaming an mmos... Im playing Age of conan right now which is one of the better mmos graphic wise. im runing in a city im not gettin the exact fps i want lol..so Here is my build:

MOBO:asus M3A78-cm amd 780v/sb700 chipset w/integrated ati video, 8-channels gb lan, s-ata raid, usb 2.0 single pci-e mb
Video Card: ATI Radeon 4850 512mb
Amd dual core 6000+
4gb ram corsair ? lol
600 wat psu nvidia sli ready
350gb of mem
avc silent amd cpu fan and heatsink.
20.1" wide screen

Also im not to tech savy yet so lol im not quite sure what overclocking is. Well i should say how to do it i know it can cool down the cpu right and increase my fps?? lol and preformance.. any advice would be great .. im looking to spend maybe 400 to 500 extra on this .. i was maybe leading to a new vid card ? maybe radeon 4870 x2? i dont no exactly what is compatible with each other like as in mother board and the processor. So any advice like i said would be great thanks alot!

Translucency

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
You can replace ur dualcore by a Phenom II if you mobo supports it. That would give a nice upgrade, but i dont know if its worth your money.