Sign in with
Your question

Power problem with GA P35 DQ6

Last response: in Motherboards
September 23, 2009 1:16:35 AM

i have a power problem with GA P35 DQ6, when i shut down the compter it does not power of the psu and all the fans are still running including the cpu fan. i have to hold the power button in to shut the psu off.
any ideas

More about : power problem p35 dq6

a b V Motherboard
September 23, 2009 1:45:31 AM

Check in the BIOS, under Power Management Setup to see if Soft-Off By Power Button is set to Instant Off instead of Delay 4 seconds.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 177 V Motherboard
September 23, 2009 2:20:20 AM

You're 'hibernating' your machine; you can have the BIOS either way - 4 sec. or instant; if you want it set to 4 sec., but not to hibernate when you 'poke it', you need to go into the Windoze control panel under power management, and disable 'sleep'. I keep it that way (4 sec. shut-down with no sleep) to avoid accidental shut-downs as my power switch is on top of my case, and is easy to bump by accident - and radically overclocked machines with too many cards and too much crap hung off 'em don't 'play well' with sleep, anyway... If you do disable sleep, you can save a space on your system drive the size of your RAM, by typing (no quotes) "powercfg -h off" and hitting enter; it will cause the hibernation file to cease to exist...
m
l
Related resources
a c 113 à CPUs
a c 234 V Motherboard
September 23, 2009 2:24:35 AM

Since you didn't mention anything about the OS, is it configured to shutdown and power off the system?
m
l
September 23, 2009 4:24:26 AM

ok thanks guys i will try that when i get home from work.
i am running windows 7rc 64bit at the moment, but i use to have windows xp 64bit installed and it still did the same thing. so i am thinking it mite be those bios settings maybe....
m
l
September 23, 2009 6:25:10 AM

i tried turning sleep off and the power button setting in the bios. still no go....
when i shut down windows it all shuts down properly, but all the fans and the power supply are all still running.then i have to press and hold the power button for it turn off,its like back in the day of the dark ages of windows 95
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 177 V Motherboard
September 23, 2009 4:41:50 PM

Just for clarification, you have selected this:

in the BIOS, and you don't get a proper shutdown? Very peculiar - BIOS problem? What rev are you running? Have you ever done a "Load Optimized Defaults"? Failure to do so may cause the system to 'ignore' the ACPI hardware...
m
l
September 24, 2009 10:35:35 AM

i just tried that setting and i also loaded fail safe and optimazed settings still not shutting power off. and i have noticed that the caps num and scroll lights on the keyboard flashing as well as the psu and fans still running. i am running rev1 with f9a bios.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 177 V Motherboard
September 24, 2009 1:34:42 PM

I'm beginning to think it's time (as garbled as their replies usually are) to contact GB - try a post over at TweakTown - Janus Yeh there is a GB tech rep, ans LSD, their resident genius, may have some thought, as well. Feel free to tell 'em I sent you - we go back a ways...
m
l
!