Status
Not open for further replies.

neesus

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
my sys = the following
mb= gigabyte 58x-ud3 rev 2 bios is current
cpu= intel i7 975 extreme oc' to 3.7 at 1400 bus speed
gigabyte gtx 295 (one) video card....(saving my pennies to get another..tho they are scarce!)
winxp pro 64bit sp2
12gig ram
i am using the "easy tune 6" app that came with my card to oc the gtx295..currently running at...380=core 130=mem 780=shader
and in the bios i have it set the 2nd highest setting.....(dont remember what that is exactly) there are 4 dif settings there

my question is ...what other software or app can i use to further oc this card??..my sys runs very stable at the present config and never crashes..altho if i push the memory settings on "easy tune" over 130 it wont set that lvl...any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated...

thanks

nessus :eek:

Solution
Hello and welcome to the forum !

You could use EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner (has voltage control). Also, your video card seems a little bit low end compared to the rest of your specs. It probably is a bottleneck, and would still be even if you got a 2nd card in SLI, IMO.

Hope this helped,
al360ex

al360ex

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Hello and welcome to the forum !

You could use EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner (has voltage control). Also, your video card seems a little bit low end compared to the rest of your specs. It probably is a bottleneck, and would still be even if you got a 2nd card in SLI, IMO.

Hope this helped,
al360ex

Solution

neesus

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010

really???? when i purchased it it was top of line and recommended..got it when it first came out...so much for advertising huh....i have been eying the new 480's..have you an opinion on them..really want to speed up this video..also am planning on win7 64bit next week..will that help the video? really dont do a lot of gaming..my forte is 3d..3dsmax2011..motion builder.2011 and others....maybe i should put my bucks out for more "bang" tho.
thanks for your input..it does help a lot.

neesus

al360ex

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010

If you don't do a lot of gaming, then your card is still good. I had just assumed, with the system you had, that you were a gamer...As for the GTX 480...It's old generation now ! If you want the top of the line, you have to go with a GTX 580 ! But just so you know, a GTX 570 overclocked can equal a factory GTX 480. So if you want the latest generation card, go for the 570. If you want the 400 series, go with two 460s in SLI. For a lower price, you'll get approximately the same performance as the 570.
But be certain that your PSU can handle it. You'll need at least 750-800 watts.

But as I said, if you don't do any gaming, and if you don't need an extremely powerful GPU, then keep the GTX 285. Why spend money for nothing ? But that's my own opinion...You may differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.