CPU fan alarm, overheat error, SIREN! help.

notguru

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I built a PC (specs below), but when it starts up I get an error that says my CPU has overheated and a high-pitched siren incessantly rings. When I checked the temperature of my CPU, it ranged between 35 deg Celsius when idle and 45 deg Celsius at load. My theory is that the siren is the CPU's stock fan alarm (that goes off when the fan isn't detected).

Is there a way to turn off the alarm in the BIOS? Also, do you think the overheating error message that I received is because the system didn't detect the stock fan?

I guess if I fix the siren and the PC recognizes the stock fan, the overheating message will go away.

However, I the reviews for my PSU said that the siren was its fault...

specs:

Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower

Intel DG35EC Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Processor BX80571E7400

XFX GeForce 8800 GT Video Card - Alpha Dog Edition, 512MB DDR3

LITE-On 18X DVD-ROM optical drive

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB Hard Drive

OCZ SLI 4096MB PC6400 DDR2

DiabloTek PHD650 650-Watt Power Supply

xXXMK_DEATHANGELXXxx

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
must go back to the vendor in the FIRST place.
...and yeah it may be possible but keep in mind it may also be due to the fan ultimatley not working
..the thermal paste may not be adequate... the vendor knows it all... do not operate system or it may get damage.

i've got the same specs but a CM 460 Xtreme PSU and DG31PR board. iv'e however got an unusual reading... the system has a bit low performance...
core temp is 36c maxed.. sys-temp is 65c! maxed and at the same time form the start CPU-temp remains at 88C!!!! but the proccessor is not hot... anyway get on to the vendor's A$$..

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
go into the bios and change the alarm

power>hardware>cpu > alarm on/off or temp

most likly
it was just set wrong by mistake

the cpu sensor is different the temp alarm

check your fan speed in the bios

hardware> fan >cpu fan? rpm = 1500+ some have alarms for speed its rare

if you have rpm turn off the alarm

dragonsprayer