Need help on picking card

supersnicker

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
First of all this is my first post so hi to everyone here.

I'm about to build a new comp as I promised this one to my parents, however I'm having trouble picking the right soundcard. I'm not willing to use onboard sound as they've all worked for 0 days without problem (I had 3 comps before and they all died). Right now I'm using a Creative Audigy SE with modified drivers.

I'm using Logitech Z-2300 speakers, also have a Pioneer VSX-415 HT receiver connected with some decent speakers. As for headphones I use Sennheiser HD447 & RS120 and Creative Aurvana Live!.

I'm looking for a soundcard that has no driver trouble on XP or Windows 7.
Able to handle 5.1.
Able to power my subwoofer (the reason why I use modified drivers is because the original didn't send any sound through, modified was +15DB)
I need to be able to set separate volume levels for each speaker, as some of my speakers have different impedance.
Would be nice if the soundcard had coaxial out (as my toslink is in use) but 3 3,5mm jack out will do aswell.

I listen to music alot. Gaming is of less concern.

Thanks in advance!
-Patrick

I'm sure *someone* will actually answer, but around here most folks seem to view sound cards as unnecessary given today's mobos. In addition, they take up a slot, produce heat amidst the video cards, and/or block airflow lol.