Truant Headmaster!

George and Joyce Pips wanted to send their 3 remaining at home children
(Mark, Emmy and Jessica) to private school. George has just retired
from his job, while Joyce is still working her way up the Athletic
career (she may make it to Hall of Famer yet!). So Joyce invited
Headmaster BJ over for dinner, who accepted graciously for the next
evening.

(A note here: previously Joyce had tried to get their firstborn kids,
Bree and Katrina, into private school, but because she couldn't
schmooze to save her life, the Headmaster had rejected them. I don't
know if the previous rejection caused this problem but I'm sure it's a
possibility).

Next day, Joyce goes out to work and arrives home at about 4pm. George
wakes up from his afternoon nap, and because he has the better cooking
skills, gets set to cook dinner (which, by the way, he burned. Twice
in a row. Musta been nervous). 5pm rolled around and the notification
that Headmaster BJ has arrived popped up. I sent Joyce outside to
greet him, only for her to get there just to see BJ's car speeding into
the distance. No BJ waiting out front to be greeted.

On occasion, visitors to this house will ring the doorbell at the back
of the house instead of the front, so I paused the game, and spun the
view around to check the back. No BJ.

I looked under the marriage arch, up in the attic where most of the
musical instruments are kept, by the telescope, in the hot tub, in the
swimming pool, under flowerbeds, behind shrubs, inside wardrobes. No
BJ.

By 7pm game time, I gave up. I sent Joyce back to the phone to invite
him again, and again BJ accepted for the following day, only not to
arrive at all!

George got plenty of practice cooking pork chops at least.

~*~
vecki

If the outside appearance doesn't meet with the headmasters approval he will
just drive away. Check for dead plants, old newspapers etc then invite him
again.

If this doesn't help then I have no idea what else might be preventing him.

Twylight wrote:

> If the outside appearance doesn't meet with the
> headmasters approval he will just drive away. Check for
> dead plants, old newspapers etc then invite him again.
>
> If this doesn't help then I have no idea what else might
> be preventing him.

The headmaster scenario is buggy. You should always save right
before he arrives. That way, if he disappears or something (which
is quite often) you can exit to neighbourhood and try again.

T.

Twylight said:

"If the outside appearance doesn't meet with the headmasters approval
he will
just drive away. Check for dead plants, old newspapers etc then invite
him
again."

Well I thought that might be the case, that he'd simply rejected them
out of hand, but then Dina Goth's son Simon got rejected by Headmaster
Korey for that reason and an actual notification popped up to say what
had happened. Nothing like that had happened at all with the Pips
family.

Simon then got in to Private School the same day courtesy of Headmaster
BJ who really liked Dina's cooking (go hamburgers!).

Hmmmm.

~*~
vecki

Jeanie said:
"Hah! It wasn't Dina's hamburgers that he liked, I betcha. It was her

thighs."

hee hee - I thought of that - maybe I should put her to work on him,
her bed's looking rather empty at the moment... >:-D

~*~
vecki

vecki wrote:
> Twylight said:
>
> "If the outside appearance doesn't meet with the headmasters approval
> he will
> just drive away. Check for dead plants, old newspapers etc then invite
> him
> again."
>
> Well I thought that might be the case, that he'd simply rejected them
> out of hand, but then Dina Goth's son Simon got rejected by Headmaster
> Korey for that reason and an actual notification popped up to say what
> had happened. Nothing like that had happened at all with the Pips
> family.
>
> Simon then got in to Private School the same day courtesy of
> Headmaster BJ who really liked Dina's cooking (go hamburgers!).
>
> Hmmmm.
>
> ~*~
> vecki
Hah! It wasn't Dina's hamburgers that he liked, I betcha. It was her
thighs.

Jeanie