Thumbnails show icons not picture

May 26, 2004 11:37:54 AM

Hello. Hope someone can help with this. I'm running XP Pro.

When trying to view PCD or PCX photo files in thumbnail
view (and who knows what else I haven't needed yet), all I
see are thumbnail views of the associated icon for that
file type.

I can view the picture thumbnails of GIF and JPG. It is
only PCD and PCX that I have a problem with.

The files are not named wrong. I can open them and view
them fine in my photo editor.

Any solutions? Thanks.
Robert
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 3:20:58 PM

On Wed, 26 May 2004 07:37:54 -0700, Robert wrote:

> Hello. Hope someone can help with this. I'm running XP Pro.
>
> When trying to view PCD or PCX photo files in thumbnail
> view (and who knows what else I haven't needed yet), all I
> see are thumbnail views of the associated icon for that
> file type.
>
> I can view the picture thumbnails of GIF and JPG. It is
> only PCD and PCX that I have a problem with.
>
> The files are not named wrong. I can open them and view
> them fine in my photo editor.
>
> Any solutions? Thanks.

Not all image formats are supported in Explorer's thumbnail view.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Buy a thumbnail maker for those file types. Ask Adobe about about PCD and PCX is rather old and I doubt anyone makes one. XP provide em for common graphic formats not uncommon.

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/index.html

!