ASUS CD/DVD ROM Drivers needed

Nosfera

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
Hello,

I'm trying to find a place do download the latest drivers for my ASUS CD-S480/AH DVD/CD ROM but am running into all of these device driver updater programs that want me to purchase.

Is there seriously no way to just download it for free? I tried the manufacturers website but find no driver downloads available anywhere.

Please help! My current version is 5.1.2535.0 dated 07/01/2001.

druneric

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012

Nosfera: I know exactly what you're talking about but apparently Tom's crew hasn't a clue.

G

Nosfera

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010

I ended up having to get a new CD-ROM. Apparently it wasn't the driver. I've learned a lot since I posted this (now going into testing for my A+ Cert). It was way outdated and a POS (to be frank). There was a problem with the connector.

That computer is way long gone and I've now got a new PC I built about 6 months ago (though not top of the line anymore because a better motherboard just came out and a better video card >.<... technology changes too quickly).

Anyhow, this thread can be closed. Issue was never resolved here but I resolved it myself. And it is really... REALLY OLD! I just got an email asking if it was okay to close it today. LOL I completely forgot about it.