Ever wonder if you can flash your pc's bios with a PSP?

saxman2k

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Well, you can. At least, you can if you are running a gigabye ep43-ud3l mobo. I posted a thread on here previously about having touble flashing. After trying multilbe methods, I finall took a leap of faith. I grabbed my psp, formatted the mem stick to fat32, loaded the psp with the bios update ONLY, and updated in q-flash. Please note that I do have custom firmware installed on my psp, although I dont think that it makes a lick of difference, seeing as you can use the psp as a "removable disc" regardless. I would be curious to know if this can be done on other mobo makes and models as well. Happy flashing!!!!

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
The question is, why would you want to? LOL!

Most people have at least one RAM/thumb drive laying around and the smallest ones will hold dozens of BIOS versions. If your system will recognize removable drives in BIOS, it'll load BIOS from a thumb drive.

My Epson printer will take a variety of small memory cards and use them as drives to store pictures. I imagine it could be set up to upload BIOS too.

Never seen a psp myself, is the mem stick you mention a thumb drive or a memory card?

Anyway, I'd avoid anything fancy on BIOS updates. KISS is the word.