JacobG

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
Hello,

I was hoping some one would be able to help me. I keep getting a blue screen and it restarts my computer. Its giving a stop error code, the code is "Stop 0x0000008E (0x80000004, 0X806EDAE1, 0XA6917708, 0X00000000)". Thats the whole code, I searched it on google and there is many different things on the 0X0000008E code but i can't seem to find one with all the numbers in the parentheses, i don't really know what they mean. I appreciate any help.

JacobG

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
I was listening to music and playing World of Warcraft. I minimized World of Warcraft to change to the next song, when I went to open back up wow everything froze and a few seconds later i got the blue screen.

bc547

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hello

1) The reason can be physical . ask someone to test your hardwares . specially Ram and power supply
In the same problem the ram was damaged. install another ram and use your computer for a few days .

2) Check your OS for errors and always update your windows
cracked and illegal windows can cause this problems too . ( if you use an illegal windows , try another one :D )

3) Update your drivers as skipper86 said

JacobG

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
Thank you for the answers, I just got done updating the drivers. The windows i use is a legit copy, so thats not the problem. How would I test my hardware like my Ram or power supply?

bc547

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hello
There is a special tool to test the power supply . You can take your power supply to a computer service man to test it for you.
or if you want to do it yourself , simply change your Ram and power supply with the same things (the same DDR (I , II or III) and the same frequency, and the same or upper power supply wattage ) with one of your friends.
use your computer for a few days and check for errors

+ Did you check your windows registry for errors ? registry errors can cause this problem . There are many softwares to fix the registry errors
I suggest you check the registry BEFORE any hardware test . Its very easier and cheaper and also faster
softwares : Registry Mechanic , RegistryFix , ....

bc547

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hello again

you know , in my country there is no copyright , so we always use the best softwares for free :non:

I found a free one for you
http://www.glarysoft.com/products/utilities/registry-repair/
check it
there are more softwares if you search it in Google