Sign in with
Your question

How to correct the font on windows xp

Last response: in Windows XP
September 7, 2011 7:55:03 PM

Need help returning windows xp font to default. Also system restore fails to complete... After a windows update it asked me to restart my computer... then on start up an unreadable font replaces all default fonts on the desktop. Any help is appreciated.

More about : correct font windows

September 7, 2011 9:54:19 PM

SmokinxACESx21 said:
Need help returning windows xp font to default. Also system restore fails to complete... After a windows update it asked me to restart my computer... then on start up an unreadable font replaces all default fonts on the desktop. Any help is appreciated.

Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced
m
l
September 8, 2011 5:45:05 PM

The problem with that is I cant read any of the words on the desktop and in the menus. but if you can walk me through what options to click on and where they are located after I click on the control panel and display buttons, I would appreciate it. Also I need to know how far down in the list of fonts, is the default... thanx
m
l
Related resources
September 8, 2011 5:56:16 PM

SmokinxACESx21 said:
The problem with that is I cant read any of the words on the desktop and in the menus. but if you can walk me through what options to click on and where they are located after I click on the control panel and display buttons, I would appreciate it. Also I need to know how far down in the list of fonts, is the default... thanx

Whoa here ! Backup a little. You mention system restore fails, then Windows update etc.

What have you done, ie, what was the sequence of events that led to the Font problem and what have you done since the problem started.?
m
l
September 8, 2011 6:52:00 PM

A windows update caused my computer to have an unreadable font on the desktop and menus. I tried system restore to return it to a state before the update but the system restore does not complete. I am just trying to get the default font back.
m
l
September 8, 2011 7:43:47 PM

SmokinxACESx21 said:
A windows update caused my computer to have an unreadable font on the desktop and menus. I tried system restore to return it to a state before the update but the system restore does not complete. I am just trying to get the default font back.

Sorry, disregard my 1st post. Thaat only gets you to set the font size.

Hard to tell just what condition your system is in, seeing that the restore failed.
You could go to add/remove programs, check the "show updates" box at top and uninstall updates for that date.
(assuming you can read anything)

If you have a Win CD, you could do a repair.

If not, there are freeware APPS available to Uninstall Windows Updates in XP
m
l
September 10, 2011 2:52:06 AM

I have all the fonts fixed except for the start menu and task bar. For some reason it seams impossible to change them back. Others experienced the same problem:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/32944051/cha...

If anyone knows a solution to this, feel free to post... I will try to uninstall the update (if i can) and see what happens.
m
l
September 10, 2011 3:43:13 AM

Alright, I have successfully uninstalled the update and gained back the ability to change the start menu and task bar fonts. PROBLEM SOLVED
m
l
!