Status
Not open for further replies.

ferny12345623

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
HEY GUYS I GOT A CPU THAT CORE TEMP IDENTIFIES AS A QUAD CORE Q9250 (ES) WICH RUNS AT 2.33GHz WITH A 1333 FBS AND 12MB L2 CACHE. I DID SOME RESURCH AND THIS IS A ES SAMPLE AND ITS SUPPOSE TO BE VERY OVERCLOCKABLE! I DON'T OVERCLOCK SO I FIGURE THAT I WOULD GIVE SOME ONE THE CHANCE TO PLAY WITH IT. I THINK IT HAS A UNLOCKED MULTIPLIER BUT NOT REALLY SURE.
SEARCH QZTA ES A4
I CAN POST ALL THE NUMBER THAT ARE ON THE CPU.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
hmmm. Let me see if I have some spare change laying around I can trade. I have a coin which was identified as a rare silver/gold/platinum limited edition Bald Eagle. It is very valuable. I'm not a coin collector so I figure I could give you the change to have it. I think it it worth $2000, but I'm not really sure.

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007

That was hilarious. I could not stop laughing.

I'll trade you a Unicorn's scrotum, complete with testicles! :)

how_about_no.jpg

also...
your-caps-lock.gif

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008

Everyone seems to be giving him a hard time, but from what I read it really does exist. Please post screenshots to prove.

@ Upendra09

Basically, the OP is a troll.
There is no such thing as a Q9250 (List of C2Q CPUs from Wikipedia and From Intel) and, even if there were, he does not have an engineering sample chip he wants to trade.
The OP is offering an unknown item (probably nothing at all) and hoping to lure someone into sending him a working CPU.
The humor comes from everyone else offering made up items for the OP's made up item.
Also, caps lock ≠ the cruse control to cool.

ferny12345623

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

i am not know for beaing a lier i know that a q9250 does not exist that why i said that core temp identifies it as a q9250. cpuz simply says its a genuine intel cpu (es) i have pictures of this for proof! please don't call me a lier without knowing. this are the numbers on the cpu.. QZTA ES A4 google search will find it. if you need a link to a site the identifies it here it is
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/QZ/QZTA.html

ferny12345623

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

i least someone knows how to properly use a search engine! how do i post pic so i prove to everyone that i am not a lier!!!

ferny12345623

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

i hope your not calling me a noob. i have owned just about every cpu that intel has to offer. from the 8086 to core i7.

@ OP

Even assuming you DO have an ES of an unreleased CPU, what makes you think it is worth anything?

Engineering samples are not supported by Intel Customer Support and are not eligible for warranty service.

If you have received an engineering sample processor from a vendor, and you would like a production processor, contact your vendor for replacement information.

Engineering sample processors from Intel are property of Intel Corporation
http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-030121.htm

So basically it has no warranty, no possibility for support and is still owned by Intel (which technically means you have stole it from them).
Also, it is my understanding that Core 2 and newer ES CPUs, with the exception of the extreme versions, all have locked multipliers.
They are pre-production stepping chips that may be full of bugs and have gone through massive stress testing designed to cause failure.

Why You Should AVOID Intel Core 2 Engineering Samples

If you really do have an ES chip, try offering it up to Intel.
I have heard they sometimes give out rewards for returning ES chips with info on the sellers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alright, now I am starting to believe you DO have this CPU.
Searching for the sSpec as you post comes up with only ONE meaningful result.
Your scared sounding post about the CPU you got from eBay dated 6-4-2009.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-262335_10_0.html

As you stated there, they ARE illegal to sell which is why, I guess, you are trying to trade it.
Also as was suggested in that thread, contact Intel and offer up the chip and eBay seller.
If they offer something in return, take it.
If not, keep the chip and hope it keeps working.

Moral of this story, do not buy parts from eBay!

ferny12345623

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

STOLE? i don't still from anyone. i bought the cpu for my collection from retired engineer. i don't know where he got. trust me i can aford to buy my own cpu's my dad is a doctor. besides how could i have stolen the cpu from intel? you think they let me walk in to there secure building and let me walk out with anything i wanted. your an idiot. are people really that stupid these days? i just wanted to give someone a chance to try this awsome cpu but i guess people don't take anything serious now days.

ferny12345623

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

actually i did contact intel they told my to do whatever i wanted with it. i just have no need for it and wanted to see what people had to say about this. besides i was not selling it.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-262335_10_0.html

So, you want to give away a collectors item CPU (which you bought for your collection from a retired engineer on eBay :heink: ) because you do not overclock even though you can overclock like hell with it???
I thought you you said you bought it because the multiplier is unlocked?

And what is that about the multiplier?
First you say it IS unlocked and now you just THINK it is???
It can not be both, which is it?

If you are collecting CPUs, why would you want to give it to someone else?
Would it not be safer with your collection than with a complete stranger?
Since it is such an 'awsome cpu', and you are a collector, why trade it at all?
I mean, your daddy is a Doctor, right?
Why not just buy what ever you wanted to trade it for?

Yeah, I guess people do not take anything seriously now a days....

Dont-feed-the-Troll.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.