Solved

Weird temps with Athlon ii x3 and Hyper 212+

Hi all-

I somewhat-recently built a computer. I used the stock cooler for a while and two weeks ago I got the hyper 212. I overclocked a bit to 3.6GHz (Athlon II x3 440). I raised the voltage by .025(not sure what it was at). I got CoreTemp and ran it and idle my computer stays at 19 Degrees C. After about 2 hours of prime95, it wont get over 30. I see other peoples temperatures getting into the 50s and i'm wondering if theres something wrong with the temperature reader? If my temps really are that good then i'm happy but something tells me there not. I have never had my computer crash on me even after 4+ days of no reboots. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about weird temps athlon hyper
  1. I have an AMD 435 X3 and I am using the stock cooler. My temps on core temp go down to 18-19C idling, or so I thought. I was hitting a big wall overclocking and couldn't figure out why. I downloaded Easy Tune 6 from Gigabyte and that told a different story. My temps on core temp may have been maxing out at 55C on Prime95, but in ET6 it was showing 60-65C(not good). I'm not sure if it is the Athlon II X3 that have this issue or what, but it wouldn't hurt to check your temperatures in your BIOS or in another program.
  2. 212+ is somehow a great Cooler, your temp may be normal(assuming you got a very good built quality of 212+/ proccessor), or you may activated the AMD Technology in your bios, which reduce the speed of your proccessor when iddling. but you can double chek with another software.

I using 212+ and my X3-720Be overclocked at 3850Mhz. It stays at 20 Degrees C idlle, but when running at full speed, it jumps to (only) 35Degrees C.
    My room temp were (approx) 25 Degrees C.
  3. Best answer
    tentaxlbunga said:
    212+ is somehow a great Cooler, your temp may be normal(assuming you got a very good built quality of 212+/ proccessor), or you may activated the AMD Technology in your bios, which reduce the speed of your proccessor when iddling. but you can double chek with another software.

I using 212+ and my X3-720Be overclocked at 3850Mhz. It stays at 20 Degrees C idlle, but when running at full speed, it jumps to (only) 35Degrees C.
    My room temp were (approx) 25 Degrees C.

That's not possible.

@OP: The idle and load temps depends of the case and ambient temps, even with same components the temps will be difference in two rooms, so, your temps are very well.
  4. Best answer selected by goalguy876.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Computer Overclocking