Closed

Birthday Cake

Hello,

I threw my first party for a kid growing up to a kid. I got the
birthday cake from the misc category and put it on the counter. All
during the party, I kept clicking on it because none of the candles
were lit. The only option I got throughout the whole party was "clean
up"... so no birthday cake for anyone. What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance! :D
14 answers Last reply
More about birthday cake

    Shella said:

    "You may not get the option to "blow out candles" if you put the cake
    on a counter. Try putting it on a dining table or end table next
    time"

    I've had the option to blow out candles on a counter (well, for
    Cassandra Goth to take her 3rd baby to the cake). Basically, if the
    kid's already grown up, it's too late for the cake.

    I've also noticed instances where with some babies, they don't
    automatically transition into toddlers straight after the
    candle-blowing. I'm assuming its to do with hunger because often as
    soon as they've been fed (after the cake), they'll then grow up.

    ~*~
    vecki

    On 28 Mar 2005 12:45:42 -0800, "papermoon63@gmail.com"
    <papermoon63@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I threw my first party for a kid growing up to a kid. I got the
    >birthday cake from the misc category and put it on the counter. All
    >during the party, I kept clicking on it because none of the candles
    >were lit. The only option I got throughout the whole party was "clean
    >up"... so no birthday cake for anyone. What did I do wrong?
    >
    >Thanks in advance! :D

    You may not get the option to "blow out candles" if you put the cake
    on a counter. Try putting it on a dining table or end table next
    time.

    Shella

    Your question isn't silly at all =/

    Um, yep...I waited until she grew up to throw the party...guess that
    explains everything and why the party was a disaster..LOL. A big DUH to
    me.

    Thanks for everyone's help! ; D

    Silly Question - had the child already grown up? You can only celebrate a
    birthday before it happens.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    <papermoon63@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I threw my first party for a kid growing up to a kid. I got the
    > birthday cake from the misc category and put it on the counter. All
    > during the party, I kept clicking on it because none of the candles
    > were lit. The only option I got throughout the whole party was "clean
    > up"... so no birthday cake for anyone. What did I do wrong?
    >
    > Thanks in advance! :D

    <papermoon63@gmail.com> wrote
    > Hello,
    >
    > I threw my first party for a kid growing up to a kid. I got the
    > birthday cake from the misc category and put it on the counter. All
    > during the party, I kept clicking on it because none of the candles
    > were lit. The only option I got throughout the whole party was "clean
    > up"... so no birthday cake for anyone. What did I do wrong?
    >
    > Thanks in advance! :D

    How soon before the party did you buy the cake?

    papermoon63@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I threw my first party for a kid growing up to a kid. I got the
    > birthday cake from the misc category and put it on the counter. All
    > during the party, I kept clicking on it because none of the candles
    > were lit. The only option I got throughout the whole party was "clean
    > up"... so no birthday cake for anyone. What did I do wrong?
    >
    > Thanks in advance! :D

    Buy the cake on the day the child is about to grow up. Have the party and
    invite the guests. After they arrive, make the child the active sim and
    click on the cake. You should get the option to "Blow out candles." That's
    what lights them. The child will go to the cake to blow out the candles and
    all the guests will gather around them. Then they grow up.

    Jeanie

    Jeanie wrote:You should get the option to "Blow out candles."

    Or if the sim is a baby/toddler,you have to have an adult carry it to
    the cake.
    Munch.

    > Silly Question - had the child already grown up? You can only celebrate a
    > birthday before it happens.

    Giggle. Can you remember me going mad because I couldn;t marry anyone under
    the arch?
    I was having the man ask 'will you marry me?' Then throwing the party.
    Drove me crazy, that did.

    Well I did the same with the cake as well. Grow up. Now blow the candles
    out.
    'Arse backwards', did I hear someone say?

    Granny. -How do you meet a professor? Where do they hide?

    <papermoon63@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I threw my first party for a kid growing up to a kid. I got the
    > birthday cake from the misc category and put it on the counter. All
    > during the party, I kept clicking on it because none of the candles
    > were lit. The only option I got throughout the whole party was "clean
    > up"... so no birthday cake for anyone. What did I do wrong?
    >
    > Thanks in advance! :D

    You could too late to blow cake because after 6 PM .

    Shella wrote:

    > You may not get the option to "blow out candles" if you put the cake
    > on a counter. Try putting it on a dining table or end table next
    > time.

    Yes you do. I always put mine on the counters.

    Gareeth

    "Shella" <shella4711@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On 28 Mar 2005 12:45:42 -0800, "papermoon63@gmail.com"
    > <papermoon63@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I threw my first party for a kid growing up to a kid. I got the
    >>birthday cake from the misc category and put it on the counter. All
    >>during the party, I kept clicking on it because none of the candles
    >>were lit. The only option I got throughout the whole party was "clean
    >>up"... so no birthday cake for anyone. What did I do wrong?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance! :D
    >

    > You may not get the option to "blow out candles" if you put the cake
    > on a counter. Try putting it on a dining table or end table next
    > time.

    FTR, I've never had this problem and I always put the cake on the counter. I
    just grew up a set of twins with two cakes, one on the kitchen bench and one
    on the computer desk. However, I can't remember if I've ever put the cake on
    the island counter so I don't know if that might cause problems..

    I have one family who's birthday cake always goes on an island counter with
    no problems... 4 kids... all age transitioned well :)

    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

    Jeanie wrote:
    > papermoon63@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I threw my first party for a kid growing up to a kid. I got the
    >>birthday cake from the misc category and put it on the counter. All
    >>during the party, I kept clicking on it because none of the candles
    >>were lit. The only option I got throughout the whole party was "clean
    >>up"... so no birthday cake for anyone. What did I do wrong?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance! :D
    >

    > Buy the cake on the day the child is about to grow up. Have the party and
    > invite the guests. After they arrive, make the child the active sim and
    > click on the cake. You should get the option to "Blow out candles." That's
    > what lights them. The child will go to the cake to blow out the candles and
    > all the guests will gather around them. Then they grow up.

    I had a weird glitch once where the adult blew out the candles (the
    object of the birthday was a baby, so he couldn't blow the candles out)
    but wouldn't grow up. Also, a box kept appearing that said something
    like "Helping to grow up" for the parent. The parent would go over to
    the kid and try to pick him up, but not seem to be able to. The kid
    never grew up.

    I tried deleting the cake, but the candles and ONLY the candles stayed
    on the counter, floating in space. I could click on them and get a
    "blow out" option, but when a Sim would try, he or she wouldn't be able
    to. They'd walk to the counter and try, then just stand there.

    I bailed out and reloaded the game and tried again. This time there
    were no problems and the brat grew up.

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Jeanie wrote:
    >
    >> papermoon63@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I threw my first party for a kid growing up to a kid. I got the
    >>> birthday cake from the misc category and put it on the counter. All
    >>> during the party, I kept clicking on it because none of the candles
    >>> were lit. The only option I got throughout the whole party was "clean
    >>> up"... so no birthday cake for anyone. What did I do wrong?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance! :D
    >>

    >> Buy the cake on the day the child is about to grow up. Have the party
    >> and
    >> invite the guests. After they arrive, make the child the active sim and
    >> click on the cake. You should get the option to "Blow out candles."
    >> That's
    >> what lights them. The child will go to the cake to blow out the
    >> candles and
    >> all the guests will gather around them. Then they grow up.
    >

    > I had a weird glitch once where the adult blew out the candles (the
    > object of the birthday was a baby, so he couldn't blow the candles out)
    > but wouldn't grow up. Also, a box kept appearing that said something
    > like "Helping to grow up" for the parent. The parent would go over to
    > the kid and try to pick him up, but not seem to be able to. The kid
    > never grew up.
    >
    > I tried deleting the cake, but the candles and ONLY the candles stayed
    > on the counter, floating in space. I could click on them and get a
    > "blow out" option, but when a Sim would try, he or she wouldn't be able
    > to. They'd walk to the counter and try, then just stand there.
    >
    > I bailed out and reloaded the game and tried again. This time there
    > were no problems and the brat grew up.

    That just happened to me with Brandi Broke's 4th son. I had the option
    for the birthday party, bought the cake, invited people, brought the
    baby to the cake, and then the adult blew out the candles and nothing.
    The father took the baby to get a bottle and then put him to bed. The
    next day the father kept getting the cue to "help with birthday" so I
    threw a second birthday party and the child grew to a toddler. Crazy,
    isn't it? I was extremely frustrated having spent all the time on a
    party to have it go nowhere.

    Ali

Sims Games Video Games