Whats wrong with my windows??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harith Aslam

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
ok i had windows 7 installed, but it was the 32 bit version. i installed an anti virus thats setup was in my usb. when i rebooted, the system slowed down at the password screen so much that i rebooted again, but the same happened. i shut down the computer then and then restarted to encounter a fluctuation. after it , i booted again to find that there was a black screen with 'missing operating system' written in white. i rebooted it again to find it was fine. i had win 7 x64 installed just yesterday and i reinstalled the anti virus but then after browsing on the internet for about 15 mins, i was updating some antiviruses and installing nero essentials that came with the drive when a blue screen suddenly popped up displaying that there was some problem and it restarted automatically before i could do something and the same balck screen popped up saying 'missing operating system.' the guy who built my system and installed win. says that my usb has a virus. is it true or are there other probs. i then popped in an hdd recovery cd for my laptop, and tried to reinstall win (32 bit), but it stuck at the white screen that said ' finishing installation. this may take several mins. do not shut off power supply.' now when i boot, at the password menu, i cant access admininstrator ang i dunno the password and username for guest. i live in Pakistan where win 7 original is difficult to find, so the comp guy had installed pirated. pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeee help. my dads gonna kill me if he finds out. it cost much:

specs
i5 2300
dh67bl
xfx hd 6850 xxx edition
previously 4 gb ram, when i asked him to install x64 i also told him to add 2gb. now 6gb
500 w orange
300 gb hdd
20.5''dell

fjiekie

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
rather seems like a faulty pirated version...
or a virus on the usb (could be from pirated programs)

the only advice you'll get here is to go buy a legal windows (and other progs).
(it's forbidden on toms to talk about pirated/illegal things...)

if you've done this (and a clean install to get rid of viruses) and you still have problems, you can ask here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.