androdion

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Well I just bough my new PC, piece by piece and put it together. Everything is working just fine except for one thing, the damn power led! You would think that someone able to assemble a whole pc from separate parts would be able to put the leds working?! Well I can't! My case is a Thermaltake Element G and my motherboard is an Asus P6T. The board has a "master" connector to put all the led connectors from the case and then plug it into the actual board. The power led on the board is like this:

|__|
+_-
PLed

Then the PW Led connector on the case has two different connectors. One is a 3-pin with + and - on the sides and nothing in the middle that plugs just fine in the above picture, the other is a 2-pin one that doesn't plug anywhere. So I plug the 3-pin and it doesn't give any light. I thought that the led could be broken so I plugged the 2-pin connector on the HDD Led and it flashed as my HDD was accessed, so the led is fine.

So if I have all connections right why doesn't the power led works? This may sound like a really lame question but it's frustrating to have everything working except for a damn light!

Anyone?!

r_manic

Administrator
You sound as drunk as your diagram's implied smiley is :p

Anyways, it's quite possible that your case has a faulty LED light? Yes, really sucky, but maybe it's enough for an RMA?

androdion

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I wasn't drunk but was tired as hell and my brains were frying! ;)

Anyway I forgot to close the thread since I had an insight later that evening..."what if I try to invert the poles, maybe they're switched?!", and guess what?! They were...

Man sometimes I just feel like the dummiest person alive and I feel like spanking myself! Anyway thanks for the reply, and you can close the thread if you want.