Need Advice on gaming MoBo supporting P4 3.0Ghz LGA775

Motherboard on my existing desktop (>3yrs old) need an immediate replacement, so I need one with the undermentioned support. I intend to upgrade to a gaming rig in about 6 months time.

CPU: Pentium 4 531 [SL9CB] LGA775 (3.0Ghz/1M/800/04A) http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9CB
Should have support for core 2 quad.

Graphics: Onboard via D-sub port. DVI-D/HDMI not required since latest graphics cards provide them.
Should have atleast 1 PCIe x16 2.0 slot to run high end graphics card.

Audio: Better if suppots 7.1-channel.

Form factor: Any

Should have good OC potential.

I have been going through Tom's articles lately and have isolated ASRock's G41M-LE from May '09 600$ gaming PC and found it at a surprisingly low price at local market. But it lacks solid capacitors and I am not sure the PCIe x16 is 2.0 compliant.
Shall I go for it or is there any better option? How is the performance difference between version 2.0 and 1.1?
Please help.
2 answers Last reply
More about need advice gaming mobo supporting 0ghz lga775
  1. The asrock board is ok; be sure to go to their website and look under "cpu support". Some newer boards won't run older p4 cpus due to the difference in voltage.
  2. ASRock's site mentions about processor 531, though it does not detail in the model no. I think it will support. And the PCIe is not v2.0. This makes the pricing so low.
    Anyhow, I am going for it. Though i am not sure how the latest PCIe 2.0 cards will perform in it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Gaming Product