Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Ocz vertex 2 60gb

Last response: in Storage
November 8, 2010 1:23:39 AM

should i get this because its only 114.99 with the rebate or wait till black friday and cyber monday. do you think the prices will go down?

More about : ocz vertex 60gb

November 8, 2010 3:38:00 AM

I've doing a ton of research on SSD prices and I think the Vertex is the best deal for a 60GB right now. Hard to say about black Friday, I guess if you don't mind waiting it's worth checking it out.
Score

Best solution

November 8, 2010 12:39:31 PM

If you have no issue waiting till Midnight on BF (2 weeks) I am sure at least 1 SSD will be $1 a GB. Personally unless I can buy at that price point I am waiting for the next gen. This year should have some good sales for the simple fact people are buying less. Go look at Neweggs "poll" 50% are buying less so usually they will tempt us harder to make their quarter :) 

Sure it will saturate my SATA2 board but with Vertex you never get the speeds on the box on compressed data so on a SATA3 drive I should get SATA2 capped numbers on compressed data. Most Vertex 2 users I know get 200mb read/170mb write. Which is not bad but I wont upgrade for 2-3 years so I want a drive that gives me full performance :)  That to me is worth waiting 2-3 months.
Related resources
January 21, 2012 7:56:41 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
January 21, 2012 7:56:47 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!