Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Venomous X Black

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Megahalems

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Megahalems Black

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
This may have been done before but lets have some new views.

The cooler you would choose for an OC'd i7 950.

The tower coolers will have 2 fans attached, push pull.

Can anyone confirm the number of fan clips shipped with the Megahalems?

Any comments on the advantage of the black plated ones or any other 1st hand info worth knowing.

Please don't post me links to reviews, I'm more interested in user feedback.

Thanks.

What oc do you want?

H50/H70 are entry levels, but performance the same or not better that some High end cooler like Silver arrow or NH-D14.

From those I'd go with the Venomous X

Regarding the Megahalems, comes with four, two installed two for additional fan.

From what I've read the Ven X black performs the same as the silver one.

Is it purely the look that you pay the extra for?

I also read that it makes the cooler fins more durable.

Is it right that you can attach 2x140mm fans to the VenX?

Seems the black ed lists the 140mm fan clips but the silver one doesn't?? Anyone know??

abully

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
They both perform the same... i dunno about the fins being more durable due to the black coat...

But the major difference would be around $7 price difference, AM2/AM3 mounting kits shipped default with the black but additional to the normal venomous X, black also coming with extra 140mm fan clips apart from the normal 120mm...

In the end i guess the $7 price difference is justified... the AMD mounting kit alone is $10...

Thanks for the info. Yeah the price dif is about £5 over here.

Just found the Silver Arrow for £53 which is only £7 more than the Ven X but does come with all the fans.

Who would take this over the Ven X and would it be ok on my P6X58D-E with low heatsink ram??

I've read its a bit of a beast.

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
I liked the looks of the VX black.

R3F-1.jpg

Yeah that is nice, what fans did you use?

How did you find the fitting with the new pressure bracket?

I'm wondering about the i7 950, some place I read its a hot runner and others say all i7's run cool?.

Its taller and apparently cools better than the Silver Arrow.

Its down to the Silver Arrow or the Ven X Black for me.

The Silver Arrow is probably the better deal as for £7 you get the fans supplied and it would be colour coded with my mobo.

Just something about that Ven X Black, its lighter and has the improved fixing bracket.

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006

I have two of these PWM Deltas on mine. I really like the new mounting hardware compared to the previous versions.

The Bloomfield cpu's do generate quite a bit of heat specially once you get over 4gig.

175.jpg

So you are using 2 113CFM fans @1.36v and your cpu is hitting 80C!!

How ever loud is it when those babies rev up, I couldn't cope with all that noise.

I was getting a couple of Enermax 70CFM @18db fans for it but after seeing the temps your getting I'm not sure.

Over here the Frio is £10 cheaper than the VenX without fans and £17 cheaper than the Arrow with fans.

Doesn't seem to cool as well as the others from what I've seen, still a good cooler but also a bit loud.

how big you want it, what is the case and motherboard.?
blowing straight up or fan on the side.?

Asus P6X58D-E, haven't decided on case yet like the Corsair Obsidian 800D but thats a whole other poll. :lol:
Plus that case is pricey but seeing as the case I am finally replacing after 6 years, a Silverstone cost me nearly £100 back then if it lasts me another 6 years its only £35 per year. :na:

I want serious cooling power, quiet operation and something that doesn't look like a brick (DH14) or like it belongs in a kids toy box (Arrow). Thats what I like about the VenX, good cooling power, looks smart and good fitting system.

@saint - Aren't they fans?

Yeah, its a bit bashed up and dated, only 1x120mm intake and 1x120mm exhaust, but its a sturdy beast.

Not overly keen on the newer Silverstones or anything that looks like an aliens head and I want a black interior.

Yeah quiet fans, the Frios fans are rated at 41db the Arrows 18db...quiet. :D

I guess you are thinking water cooling??

@saint - What are they for?? The VenX?