I wanna badge !

idx

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
i achieved e8500@3.8 on stock heat sink setting cpu core V to 1.2 never passed 50 c
do i win something ? :bounce: do i get any badges ? :heink:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2640/picture001ojr.jpg

anyway i still have few question :

1_ is there any other important cpu stability tests i should make ?

2_ should i set anything else in the bios manually other than cpu fsb and cpu voltage ?

3_ why is cpu z showing 1.8 v while i have adjusted cpu V in bios to 1.2 ??

and a dual core thanks .

Solution
I did look at the screen I thought you meant after the screen shot was taken. Yes youwant pcie set to 100, if your stable then disregard my voltage bump recommendation.

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
You might not be 100% stable with that low of a vcore. I would run prime95 on small fft for a while and see how it goes. Try to keep it error free for two hours or more. Make sure to enable "round off checking" in options. Also keep your core temps around 70c or lower if possible. You want to set pcie to 100 as well as manually setting ram timings and voltage.

idx

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8388/picture003ss.jpg

2 hours after running prime95

well about stability i think i may have a question please :

after running prime95 for 2 hours i closed it down but the process system NT kernel
kept running the cpu and task manger showed 50% usage of cpu on one core , i have no idea why but i highly suspect the program prime95 was doing that research thing on my machine , maybe i didnt set it right .i waited few minutes but then it
wanted to sleep so i restarted the pc and it went back to normal i havent
seen it since yesterday . so i was wondering if it hold any sings of instability
advice appreciated . happy new year.

You want to set pcie to 100 as well as manually ........

_ do i gain any vga extra performance by doing that ? the display has been very stable

_sorry but its just my first hardware overclock and am worried of messing with ati
hasnt been stable lately . my board is quite good in setting auto values but if
we see it necessary i can do it . btw haw much is the auto setting for pciE > 100 or <

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
No on the vga question, it just helps so you don't overclock your other pci lanes and sata. If you were showing 50 percent cpu usage in prime95 you had a core that stop working during the test. That means your setting aren't stable, for the cpu at least. Make sure you check"round off checking" in Prime95's advance tab.

I would give the cpu a small bump in voltage and test again. Did you set your ram timings and voltage manually?

idx

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
if you took another look at that screeny you will both cores at 100% load .
it was after i closed the prime when i noticed that single core activity i traced it
to task manger it showed system NT kernel having that 50% cpu usage
at that time i was tired and i admit not looking on resource manger .
anyway i restarted and then i removed mse and disabled win updates
and background intelligent services and i havent had that issue again form yesterday.

been gaming benching restarting all works normally .
the ram did not change timing or voltage on cpz , its just a value kvrd2n6
kingston you are dealing with a paranoid nob here .
i was sweating like hell yesterday raising that voltage and having panic attacks
am just not so sharp when it comes to setting voltages . keep losing self trust .

at the same time i dont want my mb to overclock voltages like you said on
auto because it has put 1.288 voltage an auto when i first tested the cpu
on 3.8

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/102/capt7.png

as for the ram i can see on cpuz that its stable on stock but now
am worried about the heat on that pciE , i guess am gonna set that one
to 100 . ill restart and have a look at it .