Cant get the front panel headphones to work..

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun456

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
i have a msi-790gx-65 mother board. and i used and recent secondhand case. The problem is i the front headphone slot doesn't work.
also with the usb ports, when i plug in a usb, it shows power, but it doesn't show in windows. (using windows vista).

Is there a particular front panel unit that i need to buy to fix this..

plzz help

Solution
If it's onboard Realtek audio, you need to reset the auto-detect for the front-panel jack. Go to the analog output ports tab, right-click on the rear ports and then unselect the auto-detect box. Then try a pair of headphones. If that doesn't work, reselect and try again...
Your board has an excellent manual. The pin cluster for the case connector is marked "JAUD1" and is located in the corner of your board across from the main ports on the backplate. Find the sound case connector and line up the blocked pin and press it on this pin block, and you should get some sound out the front port.

arun456

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
its not a branded case. using a good smps though.. if there is a possibility of the front panel being non compatible. then i am a new front panel set. I have a feeling since this mother board uses some hd audio format..

thx

If it's onboard Realtek audio, you need to reset the auto-detect for the front-panel jack. Go to the analog output ports tab, right-click on the rear ports and then unselect the auto-detect box. Then try a pair of headphones. If that doesn't work, reselect and try again...

Solution

Zeebo1uk

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Im using ASUS Striker II NSE 790i with the included SUPREME FX II sound card, going to ditch the card soon as its crap, any ideas how i would turn the auto detect back on for this as it seems to be dissabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.