This is my third computer built. The last 2 function %100 perfectly.
I built this machine in December of 2008. I hadn't gotten around to buying the OS and had issues with my KVM switch. This week I decided to move forward with installing the OS and connecting to my main machine. Here are the facts of what is occurring:
1. I turn the computer on and it doesn't power up.
2. The green light on the motherboard is on when plugged in to power source.
3. When I flip the power switch, the power supply fans and other fans slightly jolt/budge.
4. I smelled a very slight electrical smell when I did this.
5. However, no fans spin, nothing else occurs.
I'm using a Asus P5Q Pro mobo and an i-Star D-2PFS/750w server chassis/power combo.
I'm reluctant to take the machine apart and rebuild. I'm concerned that's somethings wrong with the mobo, power supply, or cabling. I don't have the means to troubleshoot each component independently.
Can anyone suggest some possible solutions or next steps?
More aboutplease help turn computer nothing happens
This checklist is a great place to start for troubleshooting: