Stable Barebones System

jakebarlocker

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Im looking for about 50 barebones systems for work, and i need something that is very stable. prices can range up to $600 for the barebones.

it must have:
- integrated video (preferred)
- Dual video
- card reader (preferred)
- LGA 775 (preferred)
- no fans (all solid state heating solutions)

steckman

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
I like Shuttle barebones systems. There are a few LGA-775 models that have a VGA port and either a DVI or HDMI port, so I assume they do dual video. Some have card readers built in as well. Unfortunately I think they all have at least one quiet fan.

Terminal58

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009

I think he want's a kit

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
tigerdirect sells alot of barebones kits, with all the parts bundled together, usually with a discount to go with it. most of them don't include heatsinks though, but that would allow you to buy some fanless ones separately.

jakebarlocker

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009

my boss requires an assembled barebones kit. we had problems with our last batch of computers that we assembled. they kept having grounding problems (which was probably a flaw in the mobo, but because of that my boss wont let me buy anything that isnt pre-assembled in a barebones kit.

also, im not opposed to shuttle systems, but the boss wont let me get a cube case either because of heat dissipation problems.

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate all of you offering advice.

steckman

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
I have extensive experience with Shuttle cases and haven't had any heat dissipation issues, except for one time when at a trade show the marketing people covered up the side vents!