BIOS change doesn't "take"

I know this isn't strictly an XP issue, but...

In the BIOS of an XP machine I am setting the floppy drive to
3.5-inch/1.44Mb, but the save doesn't "take". It keeps returning
to 5.25-inch.

Is there something/somewhere that can keep a BIOS setting change
from taking?

Thanks in advance,
-Richard Vaughn

Richard.
You are correct, this is not a Window XP issue.
In fact this all happens before the operating system is a factor.

Contact the motherboard/computer manufacturer, they have the
information on their hardware..

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/