Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2

Grove

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
I've been attempting to install the Freezer 7 for a couple hours now and I'm getting quite frustrated so I figured I oughta ask for some advice.

I took off the bracket on the mobo that the hsf connects to and connected them together out of the case and then I put it in the case but the screws for the bracket aren't long enough to screw back in with the hsf attached. I've read to just apply pressure and screw it in but it seems as if I have to apply enough pressure so that the entire hsf tilts backwards and makes the other end of the bracket too far away from the mobo to screw it in.
And I'm using an AM3 processor and of course, the AM3 parts of the heatsink.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Grove

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
Nevermind. Got someone to help me out and somehow we got it on and it's all going good. Though I would like to ask another thing that is somewhat relevant. CPUID HWMonitor is reporting my CPU(Phenom II X3 740BE) is running at about 16c. Is that "normal"? It's so low it's got me a little worried honestly. I also have HAF 912 with 4 120mm fans running, the Artcic Cooling Freezer 7 pro rev.2, and room temp is ~65-70F.

mkchampion14

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

It's fine, there's really no "cold" limit for processors (not really). The liquid nitrogen and phase change cooling consistently keep the processor at <0 C (nitrogen gets it to almost -200C), it's perfectly OK.
Besides, your room is freaking freezing :D
My room is at about 75 in winter and ~80 in summer lol...