ASUS Eee Box B202

big JME

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
ok im looking at buying a ASUS Eee Box B202 to run a web server that i am setting up, however as it is wireless i would like to be able to take it around my home without having to turn power n and off and having downtime o the server. would it be possible to have the Eee Box run off any kind of battery?

it uses a maximum of 20watts of power and i dont mind carrying around a power pack aslong as i can keep it on 24/7 and able to charge the power supply without turning off the system, is this possible?

big JME

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
i do not need a screen for it as i am only young (15) and this server is to be as low powerd as possible, however having a notebook would be easier to move around it is not as small and uses alot more power (Eee Box only using upto 20W) so it is a good idea however for what i am after not a very good solution

also i need it small as it will soon have up to 20 X 1tb drives attached to it making it yes alot less moveable but i can however easily have harddrives not even connected to this machine making it possible to move around the house still

thank you for ideas but it is not what i am looking for

any other ideas on what i could do for this?

orangegator

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007

It puts out 19V DC, same as the power supply. It should work. Read the article and try using your head before blindly dismissing it.

big JME

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
ok thanx i did read it but i have re-read and checked the pictures. once i have braught the Eee Box i will check what adapters is needed in the APC Universal Battery Pack and see if its best, thank you for the help

once i have tested this i will ost if it works or not, again thank you