Sign in with
Your question

Drivers Install problems Dell Vostro 400

Last response: in Windows XP
September 8, 2011 3:13:49 PM

Hello,

I just reinstalled Windows XP Home on my Dell Vostro 400. Went to the Dell site, entered my service tag #, and downloaded the 11 drivers it told me I needed. Followed their instructions re installation order. Installed Desktop System Software & Chipset w/ no problem, then get the "This Computer does not meet the minimum system requirements...." error when trying to install Matrix Storage Manager. Figured I'd keep going and then connect to Intel site once I get rest of drivers installed and can connect to Internet, but then get the same message when I try to install Video Adapter. WTF??? Of course I am well out of warranty, so I can't even call Dell and ask them WTF!! Very annoying....any help appreciated!
September 11, 2011 2:28:50 PM

Hi
We regret the inconvenience caused, we are here to help. I understand the warranty has expired, but we can still help you fix the issue, you can contact our tech support over the phone.
In case you have any concerns, please reach out to us at @dellcares on twitter or facebook.com/dell, we will be glad to look in to it.

Regards
ShridharAtDell
m
l
!