Hey everybody heres the build im doing,

Corsair 800D
i7-950
Asus Rampage III Formula
Corsair Dominator GT 6GB 1866mhz CL9
HD6950 Crossfire
Corsair HX-1000W
WD 500GB SATA III, Raid 0

I'm wanting to put a loop through my CPU for extreme cooling (4.2GHz+) and aesthetically please my eyes when all three of the 120mm fan slots are in use.

I am new to watercooling, though I understand most things and would have a relatively easy time setting up a build
( or @ least i hope so [lol] )

What I currently have written down for the loop

CPU Block: XSPC RASA Black $69
Radiator: Black Ice GT 360 Xflow $69 (not sure to get 360 Xflow or 360 stealth [slim] - they cost same)
Reservoir: XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25" Bay $59 (Holds *** loads liquid & aluminum finish is very flush with 800D)
Pump: EK-DCP 4.0 12V DC Pump $69
Fittings: 8* Compression fitting ~ $69 (I'm unsure how many of these I need, isn't it 2 per piece [above])
Coolant: Swiftech HydrX Coolant ~ $10
Tubing: Alphacool UV Green ~2 meters $40 (would 2 meters be enough to go a full loop in a 800D?)

Total Cost: $465 - after much cutting down from high end parts and changing around rads ect. after I had found it was out of my budget range Ive brought it down to $385
December 26, 2010 3:45:42 PM

I know the setup and how to do it, thanks anyway. Noise isn't a very big issue and i might add GPU blocks in the future. If i could get a NICE triple rad for cheaper in my area (Australia, QLD, SE Coast) it would be good, but if it means paying the extra money for a good 5 1/4" bay, green tubing ect. I'd do it.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
December 26, 2010 5:43:48 PM

best bet for pump/res, with this combo you don't need top for the pump and good building block for the future
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
RAD is the key for your cooling needs ,don't be stingy when choosing rad,both this rad's are very good and low FPI (for slow~medium rpm fans),SR1 is very good RAD,note;limited on how you mount this rad-shroud on one side

if you set up everything properly 950@4.2 is no problem

ADD all the parts of your choice and see how much it will cost to order from Jab-tech
December 26, 2010 6:31:26 PM

ortoklaz said:
best bet for pump/res, with this combo you don't need top for the pump and good building block for the future
RAD is the key for your cooling needs ,don't be stingy when choosing rad,both this rad's are very good and low FPI (for slow~medium rpm fans),SR1 is very good RAD,note;limited on how you mount this rad-shroud on one side

if you set up everything properly 950@4.2 is no problem

ADD all the parts of your choice and see how much it will cost to order from Jab-tech

Um the rads look good, I am unsure about the res cause the WC will be the figurehead of my pc, im interested in either a 5 1/4" res or a lava lamp type of thing, like the EK-DDC X-RES 100 Acetal, that thing looks like a bong, LOL..

This Jab-Tech thing, is that in america, because if it is I dont really want to screw around with international shipping ect.
=D
m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
December 27, 2010 12:40:42 AM

That pump would be fine...that top that ortoklaz linked for the DDC would be great...providing your reservoir and helping improve the pump at the same time. You wouldn't need a bay or cylindrical reservoir...but I suppose you could still have one.

I think you'd be fine with that pump, even if you added a GPU block and another radiator (which you'd need to do if you added the GPU block to the loop...and to keep things cool). However, there is a newer Liang pump to consider over the MCP355/DDC and MCP655/D5...its the MCP35x. http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_296&products_id=16185. On paper, it out performs both of the before-mentioned pumps; however, Skinnee hasn't done a review on it yet to give the watercooling community any solid figures. There are a few tops out for it, however, I don't see it listed on that pccasegear site.

Let me know if you have any questions; I've been watercooling for over 8 years and have learned a few things in that time. If I don't know the answer, I'll at least help you figure out where to find it.

EDIT: Check out http://www.petrastechshop.com/. They have some great stuff and GREAT customer service. I've ordered from there and had a tech call me within 5 minutes to tell me I might consider different fittings over ones I had ordered...and he offered to ship it at a minimal fee since there were only a few, small pieces in the order vs. the 'normal' shipping fee. Not sure, but I think they can be 'coaxed' into shipping Int'l for reasonable prices...email them and see...never hurts to ask.

Also, might consider www.frozencpu.com. They are US based and have been around for quite a while...in fact...bought my first Swiftech kit from them. They are a little higher priced, but they have a HUGE selection of watercooling components. If anything, use them to help you research and shop. They also might consider international shipping...again...email and ask.
m
l
December 27, 2010 6:51:03 AM

Usually, for the price of shipping internationally, I might as well buy the overpriced Australian parts..

The swiftech pump you linked looks good, are all the parts listed 1/2 tubing because I am worried about it all being mismatched and shitty.. I really like the look of the 5 1/4" or cylindrical res' so I'll go with one of those.

Where you said you've been WC for over 8 years, i do have some questions for you;
1/ Is it correct that I need 8 fittings? (I will be getting compression)
2/ Are all the parts able to work together?
3/ Is it standard for all mounting screws to come with rad?
4/ What do you think my maximum OC will be?
5/ What fans would you suggest for this rad?
m
l
December 27, 2010 3:18:41 PM

Hey all, got let off today and I'm not sure when im getting my pay now, I've had to downsize my PC system dramatically but I'm still fairly happy with what ill get. I've also chosen to go the AMD road due to my budget has just been t-bagged and the fact I will be using AMD graphics.

Antec 902
PII 965 @ 3.8 - 4.0 GHz
8 GB Corsair Dominator 1600mhz CL7
Corsair HX-850w
WD SATA3 500GB Raid 0
Sapphire 6950 (single, will crossfire in the future)

**Corsair H50 watercooling (push/pull) **
yeah, thats right I can no longer afford proper water D;

This thread has just been shot. In the balls.

PS: FML

PPS: EDIT: I think i just *** my pants, rubix has been joined since 1970 .. 0_o

PPPS: EDIT: I will pick the other guy because he was first to answer my thread, blah blah blah.. 6_^ sowwie <3
m
l
December 27, 2010 3:21:40 PM

Best answer selected by intel1502.
m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
December 28, 2010 1:36:17 AM

Quote:
PPS: EDIT: I think i just *** my pants, rubix has been joined since 1970 .. 0_o

No way... I was born in 1979...and the internet as we know it didn't show up until the very early 90's...and even then you could reach the end of it pretty quickly :) 

As for fittings...you'll just as many as you'll need...does that make sense? You kind of have to figure out what needs a fitting (unless you use a barb). You can use a barb at one end and a fitting at the other if you want...it doesn't really matter. Fittings are more esthetically pleasing...I like them, but I simply use barbs for now.

But, since you went the route of the H50...I guess you have your answers...you might consider 2 good fans for push/pull, though.
m
l
December 28, 2010 2:42:14 AM

It's a bug, some people are shown to have joined in 1970 :p 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 28, 2010 2:44:08 AM

@rubix ..thanks for clarifying "rubix has been joined since 1970 .. 0_o "..I was wondering for some time how f#### old were you LOL because i was born in 69

@" BLUE BALLS.. I will pick the other guy because he was first to answer my thread, blah blah blah.. 6_^ sowwie <3",you got a lot to learn kid..it's not about who's first ..to bad you can't go that way it would be nice set up... and i had the feeling you were falling for his "I've been watercooling for over 8 years and have learned.."like he is trying to get a job crap ;) ,good luck bud
m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
December 28, 2010 12:35:54 PM

^You lost me with that one...

Yeah, I'm 31...just old enough to know better. I wasn't trying to use my time watercooling to win anyone over...I just wanted to show that I actually have done this before vs. some dudes on here that spout off info that can be misleading and incorrect. I don't care if I get selected as the best answer, but I think people should at least give their thread a little time to mature to see what replies they get and how viable the information is before selecting a 'winner'.

Of anyone else on this forum, there aren't too many people that have a clue...ortoklaz does has a very good grasp...good choice. No whining here. I'm just here to help.

But...I think I see your sarcasm shining through...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 28, 2010 1:09:09 PM

rubix_1011 said:
^You lost me with that one...

Yeah, I'm 31...just old enough to know better. I wasn't trying to use my time watercooling to win anyone over...I just wanted to show that I actually have done this before vs. some dudes on here that spout off info that can be misleading and incorrect. I don't care if I get selected as the best answer, but I think people should at least give their thread a little time to mature to see what replies they get and how viable the information is before selecting a 'winner'.

Of anyone else on this forum, there aren't too many people that have a clue...ortoklaz does has a very good grasp...good choice. No whining here. I'm just here to help.

But...I think I see your sarcasm shining through...

Hey i didn't want to hurt your feelings and the sarcasm... i learn from some of you here,my apology i will work on that
Yes I'm just here to help to and " good grasp...good choice"....yes I limit myself most of the time, a bit lazy sometimes, besides English is not my first language ,sorry
m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
December 28, 2010 1:29:14 PM

No, you are fine. I picked up on the meaning of your post.

You say english isn't your first language...where from?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 28, 2010 2:04:14 PM

rubix_1011 said:
No, you are fine. I picked up on the meaning of your post.

You say english isn't your first language...where from?

center of Europe,home land of Copernicus,Frédéric Chopin, Marie Curie ,John Paul II,..
m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
December 28, 2010 2:30:10 PM

Poland?

Very nice...I've never been to Europe...but it's on my list. Great to have input from the other side of the small pond. :) 

Chopin gave it away...I love hard rock music, but deep down, I really love great classical music.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 28, 2010 2:35:14 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Poland?

Very nice...I've never been to Europe...but it's on my list. Great to have input from the other side of the small pond. :) 

Chopin gave it away...I love hard rock music, but deep down, I really love great classical music.

:lol:  I listen to Metallica,Pantera,..

m
l
a c 328 K Overclocking
December 28, 2010 3:21:03 PM

I like old Metallica, Pantera is good as well. I like a lot of the newer bands like Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Korn, etc. The classics built what we have today. Anyways, this thread got sidetracked. :) 
m
l
!