What else should I install with this build?

lectrocrew

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
I am finishing up on my first build. I don't really do much on my computer other than watch TV and use the TV tuner DVR function when I'm away, edit photo's and webcam videos, and surf the internet. I would like to learn how to play games, which I suck at so far, but I've only been learning (on Call of Duty 2) for a couple of days.

Is there any additional hardware I'll need? I was thinking maybe another Velociraptor hard drive to set up RAID 0 with the one I already have?
What type of hand control devices will I need? I also have Grand Theft Auto San Andraes but have not tried to play it yet.
I never have seen and don't know much about Blu Ray but I'd be willing to buy a burner and give this player to my sister if I like it?

Here's a list of the hardware I have currently running, and some stuff I ordered today with 2nd day delivery.

Ordered today:

Sony Blu Ray BD-ROM drive

120mm case fan

Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 260 graphics card

Floppy drive

Zalman 110mm CPU cooler

Already running:

Intel Core2 Quad 8200 CPU

Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3R mainboard

WD Velociraptor 10,000 rpm hard drive

Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR2

Corsair TX 850 Watt PSU

XClio A380 full tower case

Using from Previous PC:

Sony CD-RW, Sony DVD-RW, PNY GeForce FX 5200, Creative SBlaster X-Fi Extreme Audio, Win TV HVR-1600.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Mike

r_manic

Administrator
Unless you really wanna go hardcore, I'm guessing your setup's pretty fine the way it is. Perhaps a RAID setup's already overkill?

Personally, I wouldn't get a Blu-Ray burner. AFAIK, Blu-Ray discs are still expensive enough that pirates are staying away from PS3 games so far. Could be wrong though.