nicros

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Hi,

Just finished a build with a friend, and having a bit of trouble. The motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-EG41M-S2H, in a IN WIN IW-BL631.300BLP case. The processor is a Q9400.

Build went smooth, pushed the power button and saw the mobo led's light up. But didnt hear any post beeps from the speaker. Shutdown, examined the speaker connection and seems good, tried reversing it anyway, no beeps.

The beeps would probably really help the real problem which that there is no video out! The mobo has an onboard graphics, but I cant get any signal out at all.

What should I look for? Double checked all connections and everything seems okay, kind of at a loss.

Advice appreciated!!

alexbruce

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
Do you have an additional graphics card in there? Because when you have onboard + an extra GPU the BIOS will preference the GPU card and try to look for video via that...

A tip for the future is too build the basics, I.E cpu, ram, GPU, PSU and boot up, if it works you know that your ok, add another device and boot again etc.. it helps in the long run when trying to identify ptoblems