Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Suggestions for overclocking 2.00 GHz

Last response: in Overclocking
December 27, 2010 12:54:51 AM

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with a Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P7350
(3M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB) what is a safe overclock speed for me without risking overheating or damage to my laptop? also if I do overclock the Processor and damage it can it be replaced do I have to replace the whole motherboard is that possible with a laptop?

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
December 27, 2010 8:18:53 AM

Never overclock a laptop. It's not like a deskstop because it has limited space and no option for an aftermarket cpu cooler. It heats up easily and can damage your processor or motherboard.
December 27, 2010 12:50:13 PM

I would be surprised if you even have the options in the BIOS to overclock anyways.
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2010 3:51:12 AM

Best answer selected by agent2.
m
l
December 29, 2010 4:31:54 AM

venjhammet said:
Never overclock a laptop. It's not like a deskstop because it has limited space and no option for an aftermarket cpu cooler. It heats up easily and can damage your processor or motherboard.

thanks,
one more question, can I replace the processor(2.66 GHz) or motherboard in a laptop with faster ones made for a sony or is the processor soldered in and motherboard not removable? is the only option replace the laptop no open and change anything but the RAM if so that sucks ; (,
m
l
!