Nvidia GTS 250

Hi All

I currently have a Dell Dimension 9150 with the worst graphics card and I wish to upgrade my Graphics Card to the Nvidia GTS 250.

Will my PC stand for this?

Will I need new Power Supply?

Will the whole thing crash and burn?

All answers will receive generous rewards.....

Regards

LevTweeney
6 answers Last reply
More about nvidia
  1. im thinking that you should be able to handle that GFX card on the stock 375w PSU, though, u still might want to get a new PSU, you would only need about a 400/450 at most of a good brand, eg Corsair, PC Power and Cooling
  2. yes, upgrade the PSU just to be safe
  3. The GTS 250 uses about the same amount of power as the 7800 GTX that was offered with the 9150, shouldn't be a need to upgrade the psu.
  4. delluser1 said:
    The GTS 250 uses about the same amount of power as the 7800 GTX that was offered with the 9150, shouldn't be a need to upgrade the psu.

Hi DellUser1

You seem to be a bit of a Legend on here so I'm glad for your input.

If I were to improve my PSU do you have any suggestions heading towards the budget end of the spectrum (£30-£40) for the Dell Dimension 9150

Oh and what do you think of the Nvidia GTS 250 Graphics Card - Not sure if this is your field but thought I would ask. Do you think it could handle high demand games?

Thanks to all others for their input

Regards

LevTweeney
  5. Oh one more thing DellUser1

I heard this card is quite large and may take up two slots. Will this be OK in the Dimension 9150? I have looked at the docs (See Below) and there seems to be a slot next to the PCI-E slot that is not being used. Will this card fit in to this area?

Thanks again for any help

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim9150/en/sm/techov.htm#wp1053345

Regards

LevTweeney
  6. Antec ( EA500D ), Corsair ( VX 450 ) and PCP&C ( Silencer 500, doesn't need to be the Dell compatible version ) for psu upgrades if needed, don't know that you would find any of them at that low a price though.
    Yes, the dual slot card will fit, someone on another forum even managed to stuff a GTX280 into the same chassis.
    As far as I know the GTS 250 is just another rebranding of the 8800 GTS 512, so it should do well in most games.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia Graphics